"Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator on load"

Niggle

"Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator on load"
Hello,

The Windows SideBar is not appearing on load of Vista Home Premium

The machine is a Sony VAIO laptop.
Windows Defender has been disabled, Vista Firewall disabled. AVG Int. Sec
suite installed. This has been uninstalled, and the Vista SideBar still does
not appear. User Account Control has been disabled, the current user account
has administrator rights, a new user account with admin rights was created,
but still no Vista Sidebar.

Preinstalled software Norton 360, Norton Save & Restore, Google Desktop and
other software have been removed.

Has anyone experienced this before, as the MS Knowledge base has no help on
the Windows Side bar not appearing. I would like to get the Windows Sidebar
to reappear, and know what caused this problem.

Any help on the above prompt would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks.
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: "Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator on load"
Error "Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator" when you try to open the Windows Sidebar:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...-Sidebar..html

--
Regards,

"Niggle" <Niggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news4F6B051-631F-4D66-A99B-C4FB564C878D@microsoft.com...
[...]

Thank you for your answer Ramesh, but would be able to suggest why this has
happened, as the laptop has not been connected to any domains, it has not
been edited for group policy, and Vista Home Premium is certainly not Vista
Business.

Thanks.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Error "Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator" when you try to open the Windows Sidebar:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/article...-Sidebar..html
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Niggle" <Niggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news4F6B051-631F-4D66-A99B-C4FB564C878D@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> The Windows SideBar is not appearing on load of Vista Home Premium
>
> The machine is a Sony VAIO laptop.
> Windows Defender has been disabled, Vista Firewall disabled. AVG Int. Sec
> suite installed. This has been uninstalled, and the Vista SideBar still does
> not appear. User Account Control has been disabled, the current user account
> has administrator rights, a new user account with admin rights was created,
> but still no Vista Sidebar.
>
> Preinstalled software Norton 360, Norton Save & Restore, Google Desktop and
> other software have been removed.
>
> Has anyone experienced this before, as the MS Knowledge base has no help on
> the Windows Side bar not appearing. I would like to get the Windows Sidebar
> to reappear, and know what caused this problem.
>
> Any help on the above prompt would be greatfully appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: "Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator on lo
Did you use any third-party tweaker programs lately, Niggle?

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Error "Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator" when you try to open the Windows Sidebar:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/article...Sidebar...html
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Niggle" <Niggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news4F6B051-631F-4D66-A99B-C4FB564C878D@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> The Windows SideBar is not appearing on load of Vista Home Premium
>
> The machine is a Sony VAIO laptop.
> Windows Defender has been disabled, Vista Firewall disabled. AVG Int. Sec
> suite installed. This has been uninstalled, and the Vista SideBar still does
> not appear. User Account Control has been disabled, the current user account
> has administrator rights, a new user account with admin rights was created,
> but still no Vista Sidebar.
>
> Preinstalled software Norton 360, Norton Save & Restore, Google Desktop and
> other software have been removed.
>
> Has anyone experienced this before, as the MS Knowledge base has no help on
> the Windows Side bar not appearing. I would like to get the Windows Sidebar
> to reappear, and know what caused this problem.
>
> Any help on the above prompt would be greatfully appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Niggle

Re: "Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator on lo
No third party tweaker programs have been used. The only software of which
might of caused the problem is the installation of a BT Voyager 105 broadband
modem, of which was found not to be incompatiable with Vista after the trying
to install it. It kept on prompting for the machine to be restarted. This
problem was overcome by deleting the software. There was no entry in the
registry or in the Startup group.
Also AOL ver. 9.0 was installed of which completed, but has not been used.
AOL 9.0VR was installed, and has been used successfully.
These two software programs should not cause Group Policy problems though.
Any comments or thoughts on this Ramesh?

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Did you use any third-party tweaker programs lately, Niggle?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Niggle" <Niggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85F3336A-667F-4436-9FCD-6FD8422C2CE5@microsoft.com...
> Thank you for your answer Ramesh, but would be able to suggest why this has
> happened, as the laptop has not been connected to any domains, it has not
> been edited for group policy, and Vista Home Premium is certainly not Vista
> Business.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > Error "Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator" when you try to open the Windows Sidebar:
> > http://www.winhelponline.com/article...Sidebar...html
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> > Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> >

> > "Niggle" <Niggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news4F6B051-631F-4D66-A99B-C4FB564C878D@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > The Windows SideBar is not appearing on load of Vista Home Premium
> >
> > The machine is a Sony VAIO laptop.
> > Windows Defender has been disabled, Vista Firewall disabled. AVG Int. Sec
> > suite installed. This has been uninstalled, and the Vista SideBar still does
> > not appear. User Account Control has been disabled, the current user account
> > has administrator rights, a new user account with admin rights was created,
> > but still no Vista Sidebar.
> >
> > Preinstalled software Norton 360, Norton Save & Restore, Google Desktop and
> > other software have been removed.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced this before, as the MS Knowledge base has no help on
> > the Windows Side bar not appearing. I would like to get the Windows Sidebar
> > to reappear, and know what caused this problem.
> >
> > Any help on the above prompt would be greatfully appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: "Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator on lo
No idea then, Niggle. In case this happens again, you should be able to track it using an registry audit.

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Did you use any third-party tweaker programs lately, Niggle?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Niggle" <Niggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85F3336A-667F-4436-9FCD-6FD8422C2CE5@microsoft.com...
> Thank you for your answer Ramesh, but would be able to suggest why this has
> happened, as the laptop has not been connected to any domains, it has not
> been edited for group policy, and Vista Home Premium is certainly not Vista
> Business.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > Error "Windows Sidebar is managed by your system administrator" when you try to open the Windows Sidebar:
> > http://www.winhelponline.com/article...idebar....html
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> > Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> >

> > "Niggle" <Niggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news4F6B051-631F-4D66-A99B-C4FB564C878D@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > The Windows SideBar is not appearing on load of Vista Home Premium
> >
> > The machine is a Sony VAIO laptop.
> > Windows Defender has been disabled, Vista Firewall disabled. AVG Int. Sec
> > suite installed. This has been uninstalled, and the Vista SideBar still does
> > not appear. User Account Control has been disabled, the current user account
> > has administrator rights, a new user account with admin rights was created,
> > but still no Vista Sidebar.
> >
> > Preinstalled software Norton 360, Norton Save & Restore, Google Desktop and
> > other software have been removed.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced this before, as the MS Knowledge base has no help on
> > the Windows Side bar not appearing. I would like to get the Windows Sidebar
> > to reappear, and know what caused this problem.
> >
> > Any help on the above prompt would be greatfully appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.

nvarras7

On Nov 20, 4:15 pm, Niggle <Nig...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The Windows SideBar is not appearing on load of Vista Home Premium
>
> The machine is a Sony VAIO laptop.
> Windows Defender has been disabled, Vista Firewall disabled. AVG Int. Sec
> suite installed. This has been uninstalled, and the Vista SideBar still does
> not appear. User Account Control has been disabled, the current user account
> has administrator rights, a new user account with admin rights was created,
> but still no Vista Sidebar.
>
> Preinstalled software Norton 360, Norton Save & Restore, Google Desktop and
> other software have been removed.
>
> Has anyone experienced this before, as the MS Knowledge base has no help on
> the Windows Side bar not appearing. I would like to get the Windows Sidebar
> to reappear, and know what caused this problem.
>
> Any help on the above prompt would be greatfully appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

i found the solution at vaio-link it involves regedit and takes all of
1 minute.
http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/knowl...one_vaio_en_GB
Vaio : Support