Stop from loading - 'Blocked Startup Programs'

Hemanth

Stop from loading - 'Blocked Startup Programs'
Hi

How do I stop 'Blocked Startup Programs' from loading during boot-up, on
Vista Basic?

Hemanth
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Stop from loading - 'Blocked Startup Programs'
Hemanth

This is a fairly simple procedure.

Press the WINKEY+R to bring up the Run dialog.
Type msconfig and press OK.
In the configuration utility, click the Start Up Tab.
Identify which programs you do not want to start at boot.
Remove the check mark from these programs.
Click Apply/OK.
Reboot the computer.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Hemanth" <Hemanth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> How do I stop 'Blocked Startup Programs' from loading during boot-up, on
> Vista Basic?
>
> Hemanth

Hemanth

Re: Stop from loading - 'Blocked Startup Programs'
Hi

I have tried doing it before!

I only see three microsoft components being loaded as given on the startup
list.

They are
1>Windows Defender
2>Sidebar
3>Windows Media Player (WMPNSCFG)

Now where is the 'blocked startup programs' ?

Hemanth

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Hemanth
>
> This is a fairly simple procedure.
>
> Press the WINKEY+R to bring up the Run dialog.
> Type msconfig and press OK.
> In the configuration utility, click the Start Up Tab.
> Identify which programs you do not want to start at boot.
> Remove the check mark from these programs.
> Click Apply/OK.
> Reboot the computer.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Hemanth" <Hemanth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > How do I stop 'Blocked Startup Programs' from loading during boot-up, on
> > Vista Basic?
> >
> > Hemanth

Donald L McDaniel

Re: Stop from loading - 'Blocked Startup Programs'
On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 05:09:01 -0800, Hemanth
<Hemanth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have tried doing it before!
>
>I only see three microsoft components being loaded as given on the startup
>list.
>
>They are
>1>Windows Defender
>2>Sidebar
>3>Windows Media Player (WMPNSCFG)
>
>Now where is the 'blocked startup programs' ?
>
>Hemanth

The offending Microsoft program which is blocking your programs is
Windows "Defender?".

I personally turn all Microsoft security tools OFF each time I install
Vista fresh.

Windows "Defender" should be named "USER STOPPER", since it definitely
blocks more than it "defends".

Hell, I can accomplish the same thing by turning my machine off and
never using it again.

To turn off Windows Defender, one must do MUCH more than disable it
using msconfig.exe. To completely STOP it, you must configure the
Windows Defender Service to be "Manual", then turn it completely OFF,
and DON'T allow it to get turned back on again.

Additionally, DON'T use products which use it, EVER, or it will STILL
activate, contrary to user settings.

Here's what I do:
1) Open Windows Defender from Control Panel.
2) Open its Options menu.
3) Starting from the BOTTOM of the settings Dialog, uncheck EVERY
choice.
4) Finally, set WD to NOT be used. PERIOD.
5) Open Windows Services.
6) Find the Windows Defender Service.
7) Change its startup type to "Manual"
8) Turn it OFF.

Then, use any third-party tools you desire, rather than WD, to keep
your installation free from malware from that moment on. NO
EXCEPTIONS!

Microsoft should have let third-parties handle Windows security,
rather than writing their own. Let's face it, they do not know
ANYTHING about security, apparently. Their OS has NEVER been secure
and never will be secure, as long as Microsoft is handling the
security matters.

Instead of really writing secure code from the get-go, they chose to
be stupid, and handle their security by shutting OUT any third-parties
and by keeping Users from running code Microsoft doesn't approve of.

Right...
Microsoft, PLEASE leave the matter of Windows security to companies
which SPECIALIZE in writing security tools, and STOP making OUR jobs
harder by shutting out the programs WE use every day.

Turn off UAC.
Turn off and DISABLE Windows Defender.
Install decent third-party security tools.

Then get on with your life, Hamanth.

Donald L McDaniel
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Stop from loading - 'Blocked Startup Programs'
Hemanth

Which program is being blocked when ytou start the computer? You are seeing
the blocked startup programs when you boot because a program that requires
administrator privileges is in one of the stsrt up locations, such as the
Start Up folder or a run key in the registry.

Whatever program this is isn't compatible with Vista. You have a couple of
choices that will not compromise security.

1. You can remove the program from the start up location and just start it
manually and give it the required permission, after the system boots.

2. You can use the Task Scheduler to create a task that starts the program
at boot, with highest privileges.

Jimmy Brush has created a utility that will automatically create the
scheduled task for a program that is being blocked at start up. You can get
a description and download the program here:

How do I run an administrative program (that needs my permission to start)
every time I log in and prevent the "Windows has blocked some startup
programs" message?:
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Applicat...n_program.aspx