Duplicate Administrator Account after installing Vista

Steve

Duplicate Administrator Account after installing Vista
After a reinstallation of Windows Vista Ultimate and creation of a password
for the main administrator account I get a duplicate account names
administrator but password is different and I cannot see it when manageing
accounts. This is a description of what I am seeing during load and after
setting the password:

I have reloaded Windows Vista Ultimate from the Recovery DVD. I deleted
both partitions (dual hard drives) to make sure there were no leftover files.

When I get to "Choose a user name and picture", I type in a User Name and
Password. Then I type in a Computer Name and a desktop background when
prompted. I select "Use Recommended Settings" to help protect Windows
Automatically. Then I choose the time zone and set the time. Lastly I click
Start to proceed.

The computer then notes "Please wait while Windows checks your computer's
performance". It then notes briefly that it is "Preparing the desktop".

It goes right into the "Administrator Account" from there with no prompts
with the background selected with the "Steve" user selected background.

When I look at "Control Panel-User Accounts-Manage Accounts" I see a user
named "Administrator" and a user names Steve, both with administrator
priveleges. Also a Guest Account that is off.

When I reboot, the computer boots directly into the Administrator account.

If I add a password to the "Administrator" user then when I boot it looks
for a username and password but has no picture and shows no other accounts.
If I choose to "Switch User" then two Administrator username accounts show up
and the "Steve" username, as well as the "Guest" username, still turned off.

In effect, with no password created, the computer logs directly into the
user "Administrator". If I create a password for this account, then it
creates a second "Administrator" user with a password that is unknown. If I
try to "Manage Accounts" only one of these shows up in the User list.

Help,

Steve