Windwos Activation

Nami

Windwos Activation
I got this message "The Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed is
invalid for activiation" and then gave me 3 options
"access your computer with reduced functionality
type a different product key ( i tried this one but still gave me the same
message)
Contact microsot to help resolve this problem"
and i guess this is what i am doing...

what should i do? it won't allow me to start my machine now
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Windwos Activation
Nami

These newsgroups are not staffed by Microsoft support representatives.

You need to click the "Contact Microsoft" link on that activation window.
You will be given a toll free phone number to call. Stay on the line until a
representative answers. They will get the computer activated for you.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Nami" <Nami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got this message "The Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed is
> invalid for activiation" and then gave me 3 options
> "access your computer with reduced functionality
> type a different product key ( i tried this one but still gave me the same
> message)
> Contact microsot to help resolve this problem"
> and i guess this is what i am doing...
>
> what should i do? it won't allow me to start my machine now

brink

Re: Windwos Activation

Nami;516340 Wrote:
> I got this message "The Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed
> is
> invalid for activiation" and then gave me 3 options
> "access your computer with reduced functionality
> type a different product key ( i tried this one but still gave me the
> same
> message)
> Contact microsot to help resolve this problem"
> and i guess this is what i am doing...
>
> what should i do? it won't allow me to start my machine now

Hi Nami,

As Ronnie stated, you will need to do a phone activation. This
tutorial will show you how to do it step by step.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...sta-phone.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Eric

RE: Windows Activation
I tried all kinds of solutions posted on the net, and only found one that
works! Try the solution(s) posted here:
http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...7592&SiteID=25

It was step set 3 that worked for me. Good luck!

-Eric