Sysprep package - Licence recognition

late12eat

Sysprep package - Licence recognition
I have created a system that I need to role out on several computers
I have an XP site licence to cover the multiple rollout
But when I sysprep the install and re-seal the package then reboot the system
it seems ok until it reaches the please enter the licence key:
(I have tried this several different ways even embedding the licence key in
the sysprep.inf file) At this point I can enter the licence - but it keeps
saying the licence is invalid - I have even tried this with a 2nd site
licence I have for the same rollout

But even that comes back with the same error

Can anyone suggest where I might be failing on this realtively simple task

Many Thanks

--
PEvans
squeakstar

Re: Sysprep package - Licence recognition

are you using volume licence media to use with your site licence?

you must generate you prepared image from an appropriate source, ie a
volume licence key with xp installed from a volume license media disk.

No good trying to sysprep say, your already installed dell machine, as
that image on that PC has already been sysprepped and mangled to chufff
by dell, and also volume license keys won't work with OEM media...

if you're new to sysprep, check out
http://www.vernalex.com/guides/sysprep/index.shtml

it got me through my first sysprep experience, and you can even watch
and download a flash movie of the stages. check yourself alongside
that.

matty

--
squeakstar