Quick Time unvise32qt.exe

CarolS43

Quick Time unvise32qt.exe
I just upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2008 because of all of the
problems that I was having with Norton and Vista. I have been getting a
message every time I start (even before upgrade) that said color s changed to
windows vista basic because windows running conflicting program. It seams
that Quick Time is the conflict. I tried to uninstall it and the program was
“unvise32qt.exe". I googled it and it seems to be a backdoor or Trojan. I
don’t know what I should do seeing that Norton didn’t pick this up and do I
need Quick Time to run any vital program?
Thanks for any help.
11/13/7

--
Carol S
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Quick Time unvise32qt.exe
Hello,

* have you really checked this file using Norton? If it didn't find a virus,
just leave the file; it may be important for any software.
* QuickTime is no 'must-have' software. It is replaceable by Windows Media
Player, unless you have some video data that really requires QuickTime.
If you want to, you can look for the latest version here:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
* What happened when you tried to uninstall ("the program was..")?

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"CarolS43" <CarolS43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2008 because of all of the
> problems that I was having with Norton and Vista. I have been getting a
> message every time I start (even before upgrade) that said color s changed
> windows vista basic because windows running conflicting program. It seams
> that Quick Time is the conflict. I tried to uninstall it and the program
> was
> “unvise32qt.exe". I googled it and it seems to be a backdoor or Trojan. I
> don’t know what I should do seeing that Norton didn’t pick this up and do
> need Quick Time to run any vital program?
> Thanks for any help.
> 11/13/7
>
> --
> Carol S

CarolS43

Re: Quick Time unvise32qt.exe
Thanks for info - I have windows media and want to uninstall quicktime.
When I enter on uninstall quicktime the user account control says "an
unidentified program wants access to your computer" the program is
unvise32qt.exe unidentified publisher. do I cancel or allow?? On google it
says this is a backdoor or trojan. Is it safe to use this to uninstall
quicktime.
--
Carol S

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> * have you really checked this file using Norton? If it didn't find a virus,
> just leave the file; it may be important for any software.
> * QuickTime is no 'must-have' software. It is replaceable by Windows Media
> Player, unless you have some video data that really requires QuickTime.
> If you want to, you can look for the latest version here:
> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
> * What happened when you tried to uninstall ("the program was..")?
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "CarolS43" <CarolS43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I just upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2008 because of all of the
> > problems that I was having with Norton and Vista. I have been getting a
> > message every time I start (even before upgrade) that said color s changed
> > windows vista basic because windows running conflicting program. It seams
> > that Quick Time is the conflict. I tried to uninstall it and the program
> > was
> > “unvise32qt.exe". I googled it and it seems to be a backdoor or Trojan. I
> > don’t know what I should do seeing that Norton didn’t pick this up and do
> > need Quick Time to run any vital program?
> > Thanks for any help.
> > 11/13/7
> >
> > --
> > Carol S

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Quick Time unvise32qt.exe
Hello,

if you have checked the file using Norton, it should be save.
Do you uninstall through
Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program? Or in another way?

I think it is safe if Norton finds no malware.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////

> Thanks for info - I have windows media and want to uninstall quicktime.
> When I enter on uninstall quicktime the user account control says "an
> unidentified program wants access to your computer" the program is
> unvise32qt.exe unidentified publisher. do I cancel or allow?? On google
> it
> says this is a backdoor or trojan. Is it safe to use this to uninstall
> quicktime.
> --
> Carol S
>

> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> * have you really checked this file using Norton? If it didn't find a
>> virus,
>> just leave the file; it may be important for any software.
>> * QuickTime is no 'must-have' software. It is replaceable by Windows
>> Media
>> Player, unless you have some video data that really requires QuickTime.
>> If you want to, you can look for the latest version here:
>> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
>> * What happened when you tried to uninstall ("the program was..")?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> ////////////////////////////
>> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
>> ///////////////////////////
>>
>> "CarolS43" <CarolS43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I just upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2008 because of all of the
>> > problems that I was having with Norton and Vista. I have been getting
>> > message every time I start (even before upgrade) that said color s
>> > changed
>> > windows vista basic because windows running conflicting program. It
>> > seams
>> > that Quick Time is the conflict. I tried to uninstall it and the
>> > program
>> > was
>> > “unvise32qt.exe". I googled it and it seems to be a backdoor or
>> > Trojan. I
>> > don’t know what I should do seeing that Norton didn’t pick this up and
>> > do
>> > need Quick Time to run any vital program?
>> > Thanks for any help.
>> > 11/13/7
>> >
>> > --
>> > Carol S

CarolS43

Re: Quick Time unvise32qt.exe
I want to be sure that I do this right. I don't know how to check one file
with Norton. A full scan was done yesterday and today it did two quick scans
with no probs. Do I need to do anything else before I use unvise32qt.exe to
uninstall quicktime. Thanks for your help - its much needed
--
Carol S

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> if you have checked the file using Norton, it should be save.
> Do you uninstall through
> Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program? Or in another way?
>
> I think it is safe if Norton finds no malware.
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "CarolS43" <CarolS43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for info - I have windows media and want to uninstall quicktime.
> > When I enter on uninstall quicktime the user account control says "an
> > unidentified program wants access to your computer" the program is
> > unvise32qt.exe unidentified publisher. do I cancel or allow?? On google
> > it
> > says this is a backdoor or trojan. Is it safe to use this to uninstall
> > quicktime.
> > --
> > Carol S
> >

> > "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> * have you really checked this file using Norton? If it didn't find a
> >> virus,
> >> just leave the file; it may be important for any software.
> >> * QuickTime is no 'must-have' software. It is replaceable by Windows
> >> Media
> >> Player, unless you have some video data that really requires QuickTime.
> >> If you want to, you can look for the latest version here:
> >> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
> >> * What happened when you tried to uninstall ("the program was..")?
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >> P. Di Stolfo
> >> --
> >> ////////////////////////////
> >> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> >> ///////////////////////////

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Quick Time unvise32qt.exe
Hello,

I think you can right-click a file and select "Scan with Norton Internet
Security" (or something). Then, it will process the file.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////

> I want to be sure that I do this right. I don't know how to check one
> file
> with Norton. A full scan was done yesterday and today it did two quick
> scans
> with no probs. Do I need to do anything else before I use unvise32qt.exe
> uninstall quicktime. Thanks for your help - its much needed
> --
> Carol S
>

> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> if you have checked the file using Norton, it should be save.
>> Do you uninstall through
>> Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program? Or in another way?
>>
>> I think it is safe if Norton finds no malware.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> ////////////////////////////
>> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
>> ///////////////////////////
>>
>> "CarolS43" <CarolS43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for info - I have windows media and want to uninstall
>> > quicktime.
>> > When I enter on uninstall quicktime the user account control says "an
>> > unidentified program wants access to your computer" the program is
>> > unvise32qt.exe unidentified publisher. do I cancel or allow?? On
>> > google
>> > it
>> > says this is a backdoor or trojan. Is it safe to use this to uninstall
>> > quicktime.
>> > --
>> > Carol S

CarolS43

Re: Quick Time unvise32qt.exe
Thanks so much for your time I appreciate it
I did scan as you said and it was ok. I tried the uninstall and it says a
program or control panel which used quick time appears to be running. It
wont uninstall - I have no programs open. How do I find what is running
with it? Also the program compatiblity assistant comes on that says it prob
didn't install correctly. So I need to reinstall in order to uninstall -
Program is installer VISE unstall application file.
again thanks
--
Carol S

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think you can right-click a file and select "Scan with Norton Internet
> Security" (or something). Then, it will process the file.
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "CarolS43" <CarolS43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I want to be sure that I do this right. I don't know how to check one
> > file
> > with Norton. A full scan was done yesterday and today it did two quick
> > scans
> > with no probs. Do I need to do anything else before I use unvise32qt.exe
> > uninstall quicktime. Thanks for your help - its much needed
> > --
> > Carol S
> >

> > "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> if you have checked the file using Norton, it should be save.
> >> Do you uninstall through
> >> Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program? Or in another way?
> >>
> >> I think it is safe if Norton finds no malware.
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >> P. Di Stolfo
> >> --
> >> ////////////////////////////
> >> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> >> ///////////////////////////

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Quick Time unvise32qt.exe
Hello,

* Make sure that no Apple product is running: Look in your system tray if
there's a QuickTime like icon. Exit it if necessary.
Perhaps this will also be necessary: Right-click your taskbar and select
"Task manager". Go to the tab "Processes" and spot qttask.exe . If you
find it, select it and press "End Process". Click "End Process".
* Now look if QuickTime starts during system startup: Press Windows-key +
R -> msconfig.exe -> Enter . Go to tab "Startup" and unselect any Apple
services. Press OK.
* If there's still a problem with uninstalling, try downloading the (new)
setup file manually from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ .
Then, it should replace the (older) file with the (new) version. Then, you
could uninstall the new version and everything should be gone.

I hope this helps. Please write back if you have any difficulty.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////

> Thanks so much for your time I appreciate it
> I did scan as you said and it was ok. I tried the uninstall and it says a
> program or control panel which used quick time appears to be running. It
> wont uninstall - I have no programs open. How do I find what is running
> with it? Also the program compatiblity assistant comes on that says it
> prob
> didn't install correctly. So I need to reinstall in order to uninstall -
> Program is installer VISE unstall application file.
> again thanks
> --
> Carol S
>

> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think you can right-click a file and select "Scan with Norton Internet
>> Security" (or something). Then, it will process the file.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> ////////////////////////////
>> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
>> ///////////////////////////
>>
>> "CarolS43" <CarolS43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I want to be sure that I do this right. I don't know how to check one
>> > file
>> > with Norton. A full scan was done yesterday and today it did two quick
>> > scans
>> > with no probs. Do I need to do anything else before I use
>> > unvise32qt.exe
>> > uninstall quicktime. Thanks for your help - its much needed
>> > --
>> > Carol S

CarolS43

Re: Quick Time unvise32qt.exe
Followed all instructions and now quick time and unvise32qt.exe is off
computer.
Thanks for your help, I have learned a lot about Vista and where to find
things on the computer. Thanks again
--
Carol S

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> * Make sure that no Apple product is running: Look in your system tray if
> there's a QuickTime like icon. Exit it if necessary.
> Perhaps this will also be necessary: Right-click your taskbar and select
> "Task manager". Go to the tab "Processes" and spot qttask.exe . If you
> find it, select it and press "End Process". Click "End Process".
> * Now look if QuickTime starts during system startup: Press Windows-key +
> R -> msconfig.exe -> Enter . Go to tab "Startup" and unselect any Apple
> services. Press OK.
> * If there's still a problem with uninstalling, try downloading the (new)
> setup file manually from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ .
> Then, it should replace the (older) file with the (new) version. Then, you
> could uninstall the new version and everything should be gone.
>
> I hope this helps. Please write back if you have any difficulty.
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "CarolS43" <CarolS43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks so much for your time I appreciate it
> > I did scan as you said and it was ok. I tried the uninstall and it says a
> > program or control panel which used quick time appears to be running. It
> > wont uninstall - I have no programs open. How do I find what is running
> > with it? Also the program compatiblity assistant comes on that says it
> > prob
> > didn't install correctly. So I need to reinstall in order to uninstall -
> > Program is installer VISE unstall application file.
> > again thanks
> > --
> > Carol S
> >

> > "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I think you can right-click a file and select "Scan with Norton Internet
> >> Security" (or something). Then, it will process the file.
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >> P. Di Stolfo
> >> --
> >> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Quick Time unvise32qt.exe
Great that it has worked! You are welcome.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--