Powerpoint 2007

katrinnka

Powerpoint 2007
i think i confused ppl with my question so here it is again

all .pptx (powerpoint shows) have changed into
Microsoft Office Picture Manager files .pps
and want to know why this has happened

and also have duplicated from the desktop file i had to this file
appdata/roaming/microsoft/powerpoint
and can be seen in both these places with .pps extensions
except for two powerpoint files that were not affected

PLEASE HELP

Scott M.

Re: Powerpoint 2007
You'll have better luck in a newsgroup geared towards PowerPoint questions.
This one is for Windows Vista administration issues.

"katrinnka" <katrinnka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i think i confused ppl with my question so here it is again
>
> all .pptx (powerpoint shows) have changed into
> Microsoft Office Picture Manager files .pps
> and want to know why this has happened
>
> and also have duplicated from the desktop file i had to this file
> appdata/roaming/microsoft/powerpoint
> and can be seen in both these places with .pps extensions
> except for two powerpoint files that were not affected
>
> PLEASE HELP

Bruce Chambers

Re: Powerpoint 2007
katrinnka wrote:
> i think i confused ppl with my question so here it is again
>
> all .pptx (powerpoint shows) have changed into
> Microsoft Office Picture Manager files .pps
> and want to know why this has happened

But the .pps extension *isn't* a Picture Manager file formatl it's the
format for pre-2007 PowerPoint Slide Shows. As to the why, do you have
a converter installed, did you do a "Save as..." and select the older
format?

And how is this causing a problem?

Anyway, it's be best for you to post this sort of question in the
appropriate newsgroup, rather than one devoted to the wildly irrelevant
administration of Vista user accounts.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
katrinnka

Re: Powerpoint 2007
tu
sorry i thought i was in the right place at the time and before i made some
dumb mistake alll the pwt presentations were automatically recognized and
saved on the desktop file i made
fortunately irrelevant admininistrations keeps ppl in business lol