Buggy User Accounts Panel

AnTeevY

Buggy User Accounts Panel
Hi,
My User Accounts Panel (don't know the exact name in English, because I got
the German Vista Home Premium, 32bit) is really buggy. When I click e.g. at
"administrate other accounts", there are NO user accounts listed. I also
can't create a new account, because the buttons won't work. I also can't
change my account type, because nothing changes. I've googled and searched
for 2-3 hours now and tried everything, but nothing works ! My UAC seems to
be disabled, but I can't remember to have done this. I can't activate it
anyway, because of the buggy User Accounts Panel (I click "enable", but
nothing changes).
I uploaded a picture of the "administrate other accounts" panel that you
know what I'm talking about:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9428/bugry4.jpg

Please help me, I'm very desperate!
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Buggy User Accounts Panel
AnTeevY

Have you moved any of the default user account folders to a different
location recently?

Try a system restore back to a time before the problem occurred.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"AnTeevY" <AnTeevY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My User Accounts Panel (don't know the exact name in English, because I
> got
> the German Vista Home Premium, 32bit) is really buggy. When I click e.g.
> at
> "administrate other accounts", there are NO user accounts listed. I also
> can't create a new account, because the buttons won't work. I also can't
> change my account type, because nothing changes. I've googled and searched
> for 2-3 hours now and tried everything, but nothing works ! My UAC seems
> be disabled, but I can't remember to have done this. I can't activate it
> anyway, because of the buggy User Accounts Panel (I click "enable", but
> nothing changes).
> I uploaded a picture of the "administrate other accounts" panel that you
> know what I'm talking about:
> http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9428/bugry4.jpg
>
> Please help me, I'm very desperate!

AnTeevY

Re: Buggy User Accounts Panel
I haven't done anything concerning the user accounts in the past 6 months,
and I don't know since when I've got the problem.