Always failed login at Startup

vbclown

Always failed login at Startup
Hi,

I just bought a new box with Vista Ultimate 32-bit installed. The box came
with an Administrator account and a deactivated guest account.

I set a password for the Administrator account, and I created a user account
for myself, called "Goldberg", also with a password.

My intent was that I'd boot up the computer, it would prompt me for the
Goldberg password then let me in. If I needed the default Administrator
account, I'd change user and login with that password.

What is actually happening, is that everytime the system boots, it tries to
login to the Administrator account and uses the default password (empty). So
I boot to an error, saying invalid password. Then I have to click continue,
change users to Goldberg, and login with the password.

I'm assuming there is a setting (that I can't find) telling Windows to boot
to a particular account that it (now) doens't know the password for.

How can I fix/change this?

Thanks!
brink

Re: Always failed login at Startup

vbclown;509774 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a new box with Vista Ultimate 32-bit installed. The box
> came
> with an Administrator account and a deactivated guest account.
>
> I set a password for the Administrator account, and I created a user
> account
> for myself, called "Goldberg", also with a password.
>
> My intent was that I'd boot up the computer, it would prompt me for the
> Goldberg password then let me in. If I needed the default Administrator
> account, I'd change user and login with that password.
>
> What is actually happening, is that everytime the system boots, it
> tries to
> login to the Administrator account and uses the default password
> (empty). So
> I boot to an error, saying invalid password. Then I have to click
> continue,
> change users to Goldberg, and login with the password.
>
> I'm assuming there is a setting (that I can't find) telling Windows to
> boot
> to a particular account that it (now) doens't know the password for.
>
> How can I fix/change this?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Vbclown,

It sounds like you may have the computer set to logon automatically
with that user account at startup, and that the password was entered
incorrectly. This tutorial will show you how to stop the automatic logon
at startup. Just leave the box checked or select the account you want to
startup into.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...matically.html

Shawn

--