Access different accounts

Ruud

Access different accounts
The user folders were on C:\
I moved them (via 'location') to a different partition.

All users have a password to logon to Windows. But alle users have access
to all folders/file; also to these of other users/accounts.

This seems not right. Did I do something wrong? What can I do now?
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Access different accounts
Hello,

log on as an Administrator and right-click each folder, select Properties
and go to the tab "Security".
There should be listed the user name of the owner and System (and
Administrator). You can now either remove something like "Everyone", or
remove each user that shouldn't have access to the files; you can even add
the users that shouldn't open the folders by selecting "Deny all" for them.

I hope this will help. Please feel free to ask if something is not clear
enough.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"Ruud" <Ruud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The user folders were on C:\
> I moved them (via 'location') to a different partition.
>
> All users have a password to logon to Windows. But alle users have access
> to all folders/file; also to these of other users/accounts.
>
> This seems not right. Did I do something wrong? What can I do now?

Ruud

Re: Access different accounts
Thanks, I knew that there must be options like this in the security tabs. But
it is not easy to understand why and what. With everything I change en check
other aspects also change (not in a way I want it!).

I begin to understand now how it works (I think ;-) ).
Probably my hesitation to try things like this was because it looks
'advanced'.
It seems so straight forward to me: Standard Users don't have permissions to
see (and write and...) of other users. Administrators do. In XP it was
arraged this way automatically. And in Vista it worked that way (if I
remember correctly) when de data partition wasn't in use yet.

I seem to have put settings in a way it works like I want it. One user gives
some problems; has permissions, but in practice can't get to his own folders.

When I have an specific question about that I will put it here. Thanks for
now.

Ruud

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> log on as an Administrator and right-click each folder, select Properties
> and go to the tab "Security".
> There should be listed the user name of the owner and System (and
> Administrator). You can now either remove something like "Everyone", or
> remove each user that shouldn't have access to the files; you can even add
> the users that shouldn't open the folders by selecting "Deny all" for them.
>
> I hope this will help. Please feel free to ask if something is not clear
> enough.
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "Ruud" <Ruud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The user folders were on C:\
> > I moved them (via 'location') to a different partition.
> >
> > All users have a password to logon to Windows. But alle users have access
> > to all folders/file; also to these of other users/accounts.
> >
> > This seems not right. Did I do something wrong? What can I do now?

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Access different accounts
You're welcome!
Greetings,