Set computer for any user

nothing_simple

Set computer for any user
I want to set my computer for standard instead of administrator. I am trying
to install the media player winter pack and it tells me the installation has
insufficiant priviligaes to access this directory. Log on as administrator
or contact your system administrator. The only acct on here is just me and no
one else no matter what i chage it dont help. I was gonna set it as standard
instead of admin but it isnt letting me change it HELP
--
L&G Dry Goods & Mercantile
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Set computer for any user
Hello,

with Vista, many applications need more privileges, as they run in user's
mode. The account itself (so the user himself) has administrative privileges
only.
Right-click the application, select "Run as administrator", and it hopefully
will work.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"nothing_simple" <nothingsimple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to set my computer for standard instead of administrator. I am
> trying
> to install the media player winter pack and it tells me the installation
> has
> insufficiant priviligaes to access this directory. Log on as
> administrator
> or contact your system administrator. The only acct on here is just me and
> no
> one else no matter what i chage it dont help. I was gonna set it as
> standard
> instead of admin but it isnt letting me change it HELP
> --
> L&G Dry Goods & Mercantile

nothing_simple

Re: Set computer for any user
Unfourtantly it didnt give me that option I personally am finding more and
more VISTA SUCKS
--
L&G Dry Goods & Mercantile