FrontPage 2003 in Vista

Sheila

FrontPage 2003 in Vista
I have a new laptop using Vista, and I installed a relatively new copy of
FrontPage 2003 (with which I have managed several websites). I find I am
unable to access the remote sites now. The user/password screen comes up,
but the program will not recognize my password. Is there something I should
reset? Override? Or do I need to purchase a new, Vista-compatible software
package (Expression?)?
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: FrontPage 2003 in Vista
Sheila;
FP 2003 works with Windows Vista, I used it briefly.
Verify with your web hosting service the user ID and password are
correct.

Otherwise ask in a Front Page newsgroup:
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new laptop using Vista, and I installed a relatively new
>copy of
> FrontPage 2003 (with which I have managed several websites). I find
> I am
> unable to access the remote sites now. The user/password screen
> comes up,
> but the program will not recognize my password. Is there something
> I should
> reset? Override? Or do I need to purchase a new, Vista-compatible
> software
> package (Expression?)?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: FrontPage 2003 in Vista
Working fine here. Have your hosting company check the FrontPage extensions
(if your sites use them).
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new laptop using Vista, and I installed a relatively new copy of
> FrontPage 2003 (with which I have managed several websites). I find I am
> unable to access the remote sites now. The user/password screen comes up,
> but the program will not recognize my password. Is there something I
> should
> reset? Override? Or do I need to purchase a new, Vista-compatible
> software
> package (Expression?)?

Sheila

Re: FrontPage 2003 in Vista
I didn't change anything between computer shifts (I was using FrontPage in
Windows XP before)--heck, one of them is my personal website. It's as though
the ISP simply doesn't recognize my input. I know they were accepting
FrontPage before.

I'll try the FrontPage group.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Sheila;
> FP 2003 works with Windows Vista, I used it briefly.
> Verify with your web hosting service the user ID and password are
> correct.
>
> Otherwise ask in a Front Page newsgroup:
> http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a new laptop using Vista, and I installed a relatively new
> >copy of
> > FrontPage 2003 (with which I have managed several websites). I find
> > I am
> > unable to access the remote sites now. The user/password screen
> > comes up,
> > but the program will not recognize my password. Is there something
> > I should
> > reset? Override? Or do I need to purchase a new, Vista-compatible
> > software
> > package (Expression?)?

>I have a new laptop using Vista, and I installed a relatively new copy of
> FrontPage 2003 (with which I have managed several websites). I find I am
> unable to access the remote sites now. The user/password screen comes up,
> but the program will not recognize my password. Is there something I
> should
> reset? Override? Or do I need to purchase a new, Vista-compatible
> software
> package (Expression?)?

I'm using Vista Home Premium and managing three websites. All work fine for
me.

Kerry Brown

Re: FrontPage 2003 in Vista
I would suspect your security software is blocking FrontPage.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new laptop using Vista, and I installed a relatively new copy of
> FrontPage 2003 (with which I have managed several websites). I find I am
> unable to access the remote sites now. The user/password screen comes up,
> but the program will not recognize my password. Is there something I
> should
> reset? Override? Or do I need to purchase a new, Vista-compatible
> software
> package (Expression?)?

nina is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi sheila
Did you solve your log-in problem with Front Page and Vista. I'm having the same problem, and are getting pretty hysterical by now..... Can you help me?