Locked after sleep mode wakeup keeps coming back

puzzledinmn

Locked after sleep mode wakeup keeps coming back
I don't want my account locked when my computer comes out of sleep mode. I
want it to go right back to my desktop (I am the sole user). I have found
that when I go to Power Options, Require a password on wakeup, it is always
set to Don't require a password no matter what. I can toggle that to Require
a password and back and my account will not lock on wakeup. But a few days
later it starts locking again and I have to toggle the setting again.

What the h@#l is going on and how can I fix it so I can continously come
straight back out of sleep mode? Thanks.
Michael Walraven

Re: Locked after sleep mode wakeup keeps coming back
Do you use a screen saver? If so does it require a password? They may
conflict.

Michael

"puzzledinmn" <puzzledinmn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't want my account locked when my computer comes out of sleep mode.
> want it to go right back to my desktop (I am the sole user). I have found
> that when I go to Power Options, Require a password on wakeup, it is
> always
> set to Don't require a password no matter what. I can toggle that to
> Require
> a password and back and my account will not lock on wakeup. But a few
> days
> later it starts locking again and I have to toggle the setting again.
>
> What the h@#l is going on and how can I fix it so I can continously come
> straight back out of sleep mode? Thanks.

puzzledinmn

Re: Locked after sleep mode wakeup keeps coming back
I use a screensaver with no password. I enter sleep mode manually since the
one hour automatic does not work with a screensaver. Why would a screensaver
lock my account? Thanks for the suggestion though.

"Michael Walraven" wrote:

> Do you use a screen saver? If so does it require a password? They may
> conflict.
>
> Michael
>

> "puzzledinmn" <puzzledinmn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I don't want my account locked when my computer comes out of sleep mode.
> > want it to go right back to my desktop (I am the sole user). I have found
> > that when I go to Power Options, Require a password on wakeup, it is
> > always
> > set to Don't require a password no matter what. I can toggle that to
> > Require
> > a password and back and my account will not lock on wakeup. But a few
> > days
> > later it starts locking again and I have to toggle the setting again.
> >
> > What the h@#l is going on and how can I fix it so I can continously come
> > straight back out of sleep mode? Thanks.

sparduch

Re: Locked after sleep mode wakeup keeps coming back

Unlike others in this thread, my problem has emerged after the most
recent Windows Update. I had already disabled the "require password on
wakeup" and I didn't need a password until now, even though the option
hasn't (spontaneously) changed as seems to be the case for some users.

I'm guessing that there must be something about the updates that I
installed that has changed the settings in a non-obvious way. Of all
the recent updates, I suspect the culprit is one or more of the
following:

Security Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems KB970238
Security Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems KB961501
Security Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems KB968537

The other updates were regarding Office, ActiveX Killbits, Malicious
Software removal or IE8, so I doubt that they are the cause.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, have they figured out
(short of removing the update) how to solve it?

--
sparduch