administrator password locked out (vista home premium)

moliviad

administrator password locked out (vista home premium)
Hello-

i recently set my administrator password, but it fails to recognize it.
essentially i am locked out of adding software, changing the password, etc.
I don't know how to get around being locked out of accessing my administrator
account if it is not accepting the password i chose. i don't know what to
do. it's not even giving me a hint to the password. the help said to change
to a new administrator, but anything it suggests to do, i need the
administrator password to get access to changes it suggests. I'm stuck. can
anyone offer me any suggestions? i even tried to do a system restore and
again, i need the administrator password to do this.
Very Frustrated. thanks for any help you can offer
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: administrator password locked out (vista home premium)
Moliviad

If you have a Vista installation disk, go to the following website and use
the 'Option 2'. This will allow you to access the Vista recovery environment
using the install DVD. This procedure will make the built-in administrator
account visible on the login screen and will also remove any passwords on
this account. You can then use this account to remove the password on the
other administrator account.

What do I do: I can no longer log in or elevate to an administrator account:
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx

If you do not have an installation disk, there are free password recovery
procedures on the internet, I usually do not recommend these simply because
they require advanced computer skills and some of them can turn your
computer into an expensive doorstop.

As a last resort, there is software available that you can purchase that
will solve the problem, easily.

The program that I recommend is the first one, it is very easy to create a
recovery disk that you can use on any Windows PC. These recovery programs
usually cost about 30-40 USD.

A@PC: Windows Password Recovery Software. Reset Administrator Password. XP
VISTA 2003 2000 NT.:
http://www.password-changer.com/

Windows Password Recovery Key - Resets the Administrator account password:
http://tinyurl.com/2qr7oc

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP