vista activation

ICQM Houston

vista activation
i did not choose to automatically activate Vista during clean install.
how and where do i go now to activate this thing?
P. Di Stolfo

Re: vista activation
Hello,

try pressing Windows-key + R -> slui.exe -> Enter .

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"ICQM Houston" <ICQMHouston@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:1A1A0D07-48EE-4E29-B2C5-795B8F4BD4BF@microsoft.com...
>i did not choose to automatically activate Vista during clean install.
> how and where do i go now to activate this thing?

brink

Re: vista activation

ICQM Houston;504026 Wrote:
> i did not choose to automatically activate Vista during clean install.
> how and where do i go now to activate this thing?

Hi ICQM,

This tutorial will show you how to activate Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...sta-phone.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: vista activation
Right click 'Computer' and select Properties. In the Activation section of
the resulting dialog, you should the status and a link to activate.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"ICQM Houston" <ICQMHouston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i did not choose to automatically activate Vista during clean install.
> how and where do i go now to activate this thing?

Rabbitt

Re: vista activation
Control Panel -> System

> Right click 'Computer' and select Properties. In the Activation section of
> the resulting dialog, you should the status and a link to activate.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "ICQM Houston" <ICQMHouston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>i did not choose to automatically activate Vista during clean install.
>> how and where do i go now to activate this thing?

rebel gal

Re: vista activation
I have a new HP Pavilion Notebook. I chose automatic activation and had no
problems. However, when I check my activation, although Windows is activated
the Product ID is 20 characters and does not match the Product Key on the
label. Should I change the product key to the one on the label or leave it
alone?

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Right click 'Computer' and select Properties. In the Activation section of
> the resulting dialog, you should the status and a link to activate.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "ICQM Houston" <ICQMHouston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i did not choose to automatically activate Vista during clean install.
> > how and where do i go now to activate this thing?

Dustin Harper

Re: vista activation
The product key on the label is for the install. The product key on the
diaglog is your registration key. That is for if you need to call Microsoft
for support. You don't need to change anything.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"rebel gal" <rebel gal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new HP Pavilion Notebook. I chose automatic activation and had no
> problems. However, when I check my activation, although Windows is
> activated
> the Product ID is 20 characters and does not match the Product Key on the
> label. Should I change the product key to the one on the label or leave
> it
> alone?
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Right click 'Computer' and select Properties. In the Activation section
>> of
>> the resulting dialog, you should the status and a link to activate.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "ICQM Houston" <ICQMHouston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i did not choose to automatically activate Vista during clean install.
>> > how and where do i go now to activate this thing?

Bruce Chambers

Re: vista activation
rebel gal wrote:
> I have a new HP Pavilion Notebook. I chose automatic activation and had no
> problems. However, when I check my activation, although Windows is activated
> the Product ID is 20 characters and does not match the Product Key on the
> label. Should I change the product key to the one on the label or leave it
> alone?

The "Product Key" and the "Product ID" are two entirely different and
separate codes, serving different purposes. They'll never be the same,
nor can they be.

The 20 character Product *ID* is created during the installation
process and is prominently displayed on the General Properties tab of
the Computer icon. It is used to obtain/qualify for technical support
(limited though that may be) from Microsoft.

The 25 character Product *Key* is used to "prove" ownership of a
legitimate license and is required to perform the installation of the
OS, and is either stored on the DVD packaging on a bright orange sticker
that says "Do not lose this number," or is on a label affixed to an OEM
computer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
MickyJoe

Re: vista activation

hi all...not sure if im on the right page but i give it a bash.

anyways...i bought my freinds pc and came with it was vista. he had
installed vista before on top of xp. but because of problems he went
back to xp.

my problem is...he cant remember registering it...i now have that vista
installed....but i have to activate it. what will happen if i activate
it in my name, and it turns out that he register it. there must be away
around this?

any thoughts on this.....thanks

mick

--
MickyJoe
GSi-R

Re: vista activation

When Activating Vista by phone, you are asked if Vista is used on more
than one PC, Numbers from your computer etc. You are not asked your
name, just ID numbers by pressing them in the keypad. Very easy to do,
just follow the automated message.

--
GSi-R