Activation after bios update. Key in use! Help!

Stekri88

Activation after bios update. Key in use! Help!
I recently updated my BIOS and i have to Reactivate Windows Vista home
premium (32bit)

But every time it tries to automaticly activate it tells me the key is
already in use.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Activation after bios update. Key in use! Help!
The key IS in use, by YOU.

You need to use the telephone option in the activation dialog to call a toll
free number and activate the key again. Wait on the line until a
representative answers and they will complete the activation for you.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Stekri88" <Stekri88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently updated my BIOS and i have to Reactivate Windows Vista home
> premium (32bit)
>
> But every time it tries to automaticly activate it tells me the key is
> already in use.

Stekri88

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> The key IS in use, by YOU.
>
> You need to use the telephone option in the activation dialog to call a toll
> free number and activate the key again. Wait on the line until a
> representative answers and they will complete the activation for you.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Stekri88" <Stekri88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently updated my BIOS and i have to Reactivate Windows Vista home
> > premium (32bit)
> >
> > But every time it tries to automaticly activate it tells me the key is
> > already in use.

Thanks for the help, worked right away.

I just want to add that i changed the Graphic card and the prosessor in my
computer to, but it didnt need a reactivation untill i updated BIOS.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Activation after bios update. Key in use! Help!
Yep, that's the way it works. If you keep upgrading and swapping stuff out,
you eventually reach the point where Windows thinks it's on a new computer
and needs to be re-activated.

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> The key IS in use, by YOU.
>>
>> You need to use the telephone option in the activation dialog to call a
>> toll
>> free number and activate the key again. Wait on the line until a
>> representative answers and they will complete the activation for you.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Stekri88" <Stekri88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I recently updated my BIOS and i have to Reactivate Windows Vista home
>> > premium (32bit)
>> >
>> > But every time it tries to automaticly activate it tells me the key is
>> > already in use.
>> >

> Thanks for the help, worked right away.
>
> I just want to add that i changed the Graphic card and the prosessor in my
> computer to, but it didnt need a reactivation untill i updated BIOS.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Activation after bios update. Key in use! Help!
Stekri88

Glad this helped. Enjoy.