Admistrator Account

65chevelle

Admistrator Account
I am running Vista Ultimate and somehow I now have a new account called
Administrator that shows up on my login screen, How do I get rid of this? I
have tried going to the command prompt C:\Windows\System32> and typed in '
net user administrator /active:no but this does nothing, In user accounts it
won't let me remove it, Any Ideas ! Could some help.
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Admistrator Account
Hello,

what does "does nothing" mean? Any error message, or just nothing done?
Try re-executing the command with an elevated command prompt: Right-click
cmd.exe, select "Run as administrator" and write that again.

Hope it will work now.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I am running Vista Ultimate and somehow I now have a new account called
> Administrator that shows up on my login screen, How do I get rid of this?
> have tried going to the command prompt C:\Windows\System32> and typed in '
> net user administrator /active:no but this does nothing, In user accounts
> it
> won't let me remove it, Any Ideas ! Could some help.

65chevelle

Re: Admistrator Account
Hi, Nothing means it does not remove the administrator account or disable
it, It still shows on the welcome screen and is still active, I tried running
the way you said "run as administrator" and it says 'cannot find user' if I
take out the 'net' it seems to accept it, but again nothing happens, maybe
I'm doing it wrong? After I type in net user etc should I just close it or
should I hit enter to activate the command.

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> what does "does nothing" mean? Any error message, or just nothing done?
> Try re-executing the command with an elevated command prompt: Right-click
> cmd.exe, select "Run as administrator" and write that again.
>
> Hope it will work now.
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I am running Vista Ultimate and somehow I now have a new account called
> > Administrator that shows up on my login screen, How do I get rid of this?
> > have tried going to the command prompt C:\Windows\System32> and typed in '
> > net user administrator /active:no but this does nothing, In user accounts
> > it
> > won't let me remove it, Any Ideas ! Could some help.

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Admistrator Account
Hello,
of course, you need to hit Enter
So: Right-click cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator".
Type in
net user administrator /active:no
and hit Enter .
It should work now.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////

> Hi, Nothing means it does not remove the administrator account or disable
> it, It still shows on the welcome screen and is still active, I tried
> running
> the way you said "run as administrator" and it says 'cannot find user' if
> take out the 'net' it seems to accept it, but again nothing happens, maybe
> I'm doing it wrong? After I type in net user etc should I just close it or
> should I hit enter to activate the command.
>
> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> what does "does nothing" mean? Any error message, or just nothing done?
>> Try re-executing the command with an elevated command prompt: Right-click
>> cmd.exe, select "Run as administrator" and write that again.
>>
>> Hope it will work now.
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> ////////////////////////////
>> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
>> ///////////////////////////
>>
>> "65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>> >I am running Vista Ultimate and somehow I now have a new account called
>> > Administrator that shows up on my login screen, How do I get rid of
>> > this?
>> > have tried going to the command prompt C:\Windows\System32> and typed
>> > in '
>> > net user administrator /active:no but this does nothing, In user
>> > accounts
>> > it
>> > won't let me remove it, Any Ideas ! Could some help.

65chevelle

Re: Admistrator Account
Hi this is what I get Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>net user administrator/active:no
The syntax of this command is:

NET USER
[username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]

C:\Windows\system32> It is still There and on the welcome screen

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
> of course, you need to hit Enter
> So: Right-click cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator".
> Type in
> net user administrator /active:no
> and hit Enter .
> It should work now.
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi, Nothing means it does not remove the administrator account or disable
> > it, It still shows on the welcome screen and is still active, I tried
> > running
> > the way you said "run as administrator" and it says 'cannot find user' if
> > take out the 'net' it seems to accept it, but again nothing happens, maybe
> > I'm doing it wrong? After I type in net user etc should I just close it or
> > should I hit enter to activate the command.
> >
> > "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> what does "does nothing" mean? Any error message, or just nothing done?
> >> Try re-executing the command with an elevated command prompt: Right-click
> >> cmd.exe, select "Run as administrator" and write that again.
> >>
> >> Hope it will work now.
> >> Greetings,
> >> P. Di Stolfo
> >> --
> >> ////////////////////////////
> >> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> >> ///////////////////////////
> >>
> >> "65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> >> Newsbeitrag

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Admistrator Account
Hello,

there is a blank space after 'administrator', as in

net user administrator /active:no

..
It's extremely important, because the command isn't processed correctly
without it.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////

> Hi this is what I get Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
> Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
> C:\Windows\system32>net user administrator/active:no
> The syntax of this command is:
>
> NET USER
> [username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
> username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
> username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
> username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]
>

> C:\Windows\system32> It is still There and on the welcome screen
>
> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> of course, you need to hit Enter
>> So: Right-click cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator".
>> Type in
>> net user administrator /active:no
>> and hit Enter .
>> It should work now.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> ////////////////////////////
>> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
>> ///////////////////////////
>>
>> "65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>> > Hi, Nothing means it does not remove the administrator account or
>> > disable
>> > it, It still shows on the welcome screen and is still active, I tried
>> > running
>> > the way you said "run as administrator" and it says 'cannot find user'
>> > if
>> > take out the 'net' it seems to accept it, but again nothing happens,
>> > maybe
>> > I'm doing it wrong? After I type in net user etc should I just close it
>> > or
>> > should I hit enter to activate the command.

65chevelle

Re: Admistrator Account
Hi I really appreciate all the help, This is what I have Now.Microsoft
Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Gary>net user administrator /active:no
The user name could not be found.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.

C:\Users\Gary>

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> there is a blank space after 'administrator', as in
>
> net user administrator /active:no
>
> .
> It's extremely important, because the command isn't processed correctly
> without it.
>

> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi this is what I get Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
> > Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
> >
> > C:\Windows\system32>net user administrator/active:no
> > The syntax of this command is:
> >
> > NET USER
> > [username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
> > username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
> > username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
> > username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]
> >

> > C:\Windows\system32> It is still There and on the welcome screen
> >
> > "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> of course, you need to hit Enter
> >> So: Right-click cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator".
> >> Type in
> >> net user administrator /active:no
> >> and hit Enter .
> >> It should work now.
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >> P. Di Stolfo
> >> --
> >> ////////////////////////////
> >> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> >> ///////////////////////////
> >>
> >> "65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> >> Newsbeitrag

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Admistrator Account
Hello,

OK, then let's try it another way:
Press Windows-key + R -> gpedit.msc -> Enter .
In the left, expand
Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local
Policies -> Security Options .
In the right, you'll see an entry named
"Accounts: Administrator account status".
Double-click it and select "Disabled".

Hope this will work. Good luck!

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////

> Hi I really appreciate all the help, This is what I have Now.Microsoft
> Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
> Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
> C:\Users\Gary>net user administrator /active:no
> The user name could not be found.
>
> More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.
>

> C:\Users\Gary>
>
> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> there is a blank space after 'administrator', as in
>>
>> net user administrator /active:no
>>
>> .
>> It's extremely important, because the command isn't processed correctly
>> without it.
>>

>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> ////////////////////////////
>> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
>> ///////////////////////////
>>
>> "65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>> > Hi this is what I get Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
>> > Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>> >
>> > C:\Windows\system32>net user administrator/active:no
>> > The syntax of this command is:
>> >
>> > NET USER
>> > [username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
>> > username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
>> > username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
>> > username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]
>> >

>> > C:\Windows\system32> It is still There and on the welcome screen

65chevelle

Re: Admistrator Account
Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou, Best wishes, That worked!!!!

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> OK, then let's try it another way:
> Press Windows-key + R -> gpedit.msc -> Enter .
> In the left, expand
> Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local
> Policies -> Security Options .
> In the right, you'll see an entry named
> "Accounts: Administrator account status".
> Double-click it and select "Disabled".
>
> Hope this will work. Good luck!
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi I really appreciate all the help, This is what I have Now.Microsoft
> > Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
> > Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
> >
> > C:\Users\Gary>net user administrator /active:no
> > The user name could not be found.
> >
> > More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.
> >

> > C:\Users\Gary>
> >
> > "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> there is a blank space after 'administrator', as in
> >>
> >> net user administrator /active:no
> >>
> >> .
> >> It's extremely important, because the command isn't processed correctly
> >> without it.
> >>

> >> Greetings,
> >> P. Di Stolfo
> >> --
> >> ////////////////////////////
> >> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> >>
> >> "65chevelle" <65chevelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> >> Newsbeitrag

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Admistrator Account
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help you!
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--