one user account having problems/other not

SL3

one user account having problems/other not
I messed up when I originally created user profiles, so my daughters is set
up as kids/kids, whereas mine and the other2 kdis are in mom/kids....I see
her user name when in the regular user account area, but when you go further
into the tree, you see the kids/kids, and not her name...anyway..I think as I
read other posts, there is nothing I can do about that? Is that true?? When
I try to change the C:/user\kids to her name, it wont' allow.
My MAIN problem is that her account seems to be having issues, wheras mine
isn't (both set as admin)..internet explorer is not working correctly, and
now she is having windows office errors saying check temp environment...There
is ALSO no help and support in her user name..says file can't be
found....What can we do?? This Vista is much more complicated than XP...
Thanks so much in advance for your help!
Sandy
P. Di Stolfo

Re: one user account having problems/other not
Hello,

would it be a real problem if you tried to add a new account and see if the
new account works as intended?
You could then copy the old user's data to the new one.
You can't rename the folders in the \Users\ directory because this isn't
permitted by Windows.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"SL3" <SL3@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I messed up when I originally created user profiles, so my daughters is set
> up as kids/kids, whereas mine and the other2 kdis are in mom/kids....I see
> her user name when in the regular user account area, but when you go
> further
> into the tree, you see the kids/kids, and not her name...anyway..I think
> as I
> read other posts, there is nothing I can do about that? Is that true??
> When
> I try to change the C:/user\kids to her name, it wont' allow.
> My MAIN problem is that her account seems to be having issues, wheras mine
> isn't (both set as admin)..internet explorer is not working correctly, and
> now she is having windows office errors saying check temp
> environment...There
> is ALSO no help and support in her user name..says file can't be
> found....What can we do?? This Vista is much more complicated than XP...
> Thanks so much in advance for your help!
> Sandy

SL3

Re: one user account having problems/other not
Hi..thanks, I did end up trying that yesterday, and so far it seems to be
working fine.Hope it continues..thanks again

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> would it be a real problem if you tried to add a new account and see if the
> new account works as intended?
> You could then copy the old user's data to the new one.
> You can't rename the folders in the \Users\ directory because this isn't
> permitted by Windows.
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "SL3" <SL3@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I messed up when I originally created user profiles, so my daughters is set
> > up as kids/kids, whereas mine and the other2 kdis are in mom/kids....I see
> > her user name when in the regular user account area, but when you go
> > further
> > into the tree, you see the kids/kids, and not her name...anyway..I think
> > as I
> > read other posts, there is nothing I can do about that? Is that true??
> > When
> > I try to change the C:/user\kids to her name, it wont' allow.
> > My MAIN problem is that her account seems to be having issues, wheras mine
> > isn't (both set as admin)..internet explorer is not working correctly, and
> > now she is having windows office errors saying check temp
> > environment...There
> > is ALSO no help and support in her user name..says file can't be
> > found....What can we do?? This Vista is much more complicated than XP...
> > Thanks so much in advance for your help!
> > Sandy

P. Di Stolfo

Re: one user account having problems/other not
You're welcome.
Great that you could solve it.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo