Uninstalling a Programme

prance

Uninstalling a Programme
Hi
I installed MyPhone Book Dialer and found that it was inappropriate. When I
try to uninstall it I get a box that says "System Administrator has set
policies to prevent the installation " I then click OK (which is the only
option) and get a second box that says "You do not have sufficient access to
uninstall MyPhone Book Dialer please contact your administrator" But I am the
Administrator.
Any help please.
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Uninstalling a Programme
Hello,

are you uninstalling it using a link from the Start menu? If yes,
right-click it and select "Run as administrator".
If not, try opening the program's folder in HardDrive:\Programs\. There, you
should find an uninstall exe or something which you can start by selecting
"Run as administrator".

Hope this will help.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"prance" <prance@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi
> I installed MyPhone Book Dialer and found that it was inappropriate. When
> try to uninstall it I get a box that says "System Administrator has set
> policies to prevent the installation " I then click OK (which is the only
> option) and get a second box that says "You do not have sufficient access
> uninstall MyPhone Book Dialer please contact your administrator" But I am
> the
> Administrator.
> Any help please.

prance

RE: Uninstalling a Programme
Run as administrator option not available. Couldn't find HarDrive:\Programs\.
Solved problem by doing a restore to before installation of the program.
Thanks for response thoigh.