User Account Start Menu

Eddiemac

User Account Start Menu
I have purchased PC with Vista Home Premium OEM which came with Microsoft
Works installed. Have set up Administrator and three other accounts. Only
Administrator and one of the other accounts has Microsoft Works in the start
menu. Like to put access to Microsoft Works on the other two user account
start menu. How can I do this ?
Thanks

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: User Account Start Menu
Eddie

If you place a shortcut to the program in the
'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs' folder, it should
appear on all users start menu.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Eddiemac" <Eddiemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have purchased PC with Vista Home Premium OEM which came with Microsoft
> Works installed. Have set up Administrator and three other accounts.
> Only
> Administrator and one of the other accounts has Microsoft Works in the
> start
> menu. Like to put access to Microsoft Works on the other two user account
> start menu. How can I do this ?
> Thanks

Eddiemac

Re: User Account Start Menu
Sorry, you credit me with more knowledge than I have ! How do I start doing
that ?

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Eddie
>
> If you place a shortcut to the program in the
> 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs' folder, it should
> appear on all users start menu.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Eddiemac" <Eddiemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have purchased PC with Vista Home Premium OEM which came with Microsoft
> > Works installed. Have set up Administrator and three other accounts.
> > Only
> > Administrator and one of the other accounts has Microsoft Works in the
> > start
> > menu. Like to put access to Microsoft Works on the other two user account
> > start menu. How can I do this ?
> > Thanks

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: User Account Start Menu
Eddie

Log on with your administrator account. Go to the shortcut that you use to
start the Microsoft Works program. Right click the shortcut and select Copy.

Next, go to Start and double click Computer. This will open an explorer
window. Navigate to the following folder.
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
In the programs folder, right click and select Paste. This will place the
shortcut in that folder.

This should make the Works shortcut appear on all users desktops.

--

> Sorry, you credit me with more knowledge than I have ! How do I start
> doing
> that ?
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Eddie
>>
>> If you place a shortcut to the program in the
>> 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs' folder, it should
>> appear on all users start menu.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Eddiemac" <Eddiemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have purchased PC with Vista Home Premium OEM which came with
>> >Microsoft
>> > Works installed. Have set up Administrator and three other accounts.
>> > Only
>> > Administrator and one of the other accounts has Microsoft Works in the
>> > start
>> > menu. Like to put access to Microsoft Works on the other two user
>> > account
>> > start menu. How can I do this ?
>> > Thanks

Eddiemac

Re: User Account Start Menu
???
When I double click on Computer I get a window showing the various disks on
the right hand side and list of folders on the left. I have double clicked
the HP (C) disk but there is nothing called ProgramData there.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Eddie
>
> Log on with your administrator account. Go to the shortcut that you use to
> start the Microsoft Works program. Right click the shortcut and select Copy.
>
> Next, go to Start and double click Computer. This will open an explorer
> window. Navigate to the following folder.
> C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
> In the programs folder, right click and select Paste. This will place the
> shortcut in that folder.
>
> This should make the Works shortcut appear on all users desktops.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Eddiemac" <Eddiemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry, you credit me with more knowledge than I have ! How do I start
> > doing
> > that ?
> >
> > "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Eddie
> >>
> >> If you place a shortcut to the program in the
> >> 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs' folder, it should
> >> appear on all users start menu.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Ronnie Vernon
> >> Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows Shell/User

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: User Account Start Menu
Eddie

Open Computer and click on Organize. In the drop down menu, click Folder and
Search Options.

Click the View Tab. Look in that menu for the "Show hidden files and
folders" option. Select that option and click Apply/OK. This should make the
ProgramData folder appear.

--

> ???
> When I double click on Computer I get a window showing the various disks
> on
> the right hand side and list of folders on the left. I have double
> clicked
> the HP (C) disk but there is nothing called ProgramData there.
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Eddie
>>
>> Log on with your administrator account. Go to the shortcut that you use
>> start the Microsoft Works program. Right click the shortcut and select
>> Copy.
>>
>> Next, go to Start and double click Computer. This will open an explorer
>> window. Navigate to the following folder.
>> C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
>> In the programs folder, right click and select Paste. This will place the
>> shortcut in that folder.
>>
>> This should make the Works shortcut appear on all users desktops.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Eddiemac" <Eddiemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry, you credit me with more knowledge than I have ! How do I start
>> > doing
>> > that ?

Eddiemac

Re: User Account Start Menu
Ronnie
That's me sorted. Thanks for your help and patience with a silver surfer
who is new to Vista.
Eddie

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: User Account Start Menu