Account conflict

brian

Account conflict
When my Vista Business machine returned from fixing hardware faults I found
that Sony had listed themselves as the main account holder and named the
machine Sony
I changed the name in all the possible and normal places through the control
panel etc.
I find now that I cannot access some areas of Documents - Photographs etc
and occasionally when file searching manually I am told "access denied".
While not earth shatteringly a problem I am concerned that I do not have
full access to files in my machine.
How do I check that all traces of Sony are removed from the files?
Kirk C.

RE: Account conflict
You may want to make sure that you are listed as a computer administrator by
the system. If you are listed, and you are still experiencing the problem,
you should contact the computer manufactuerer concerning your administrator
access.

"brian" wrote:

> When my Vista Business machine returned from fixing hardware faults I found
> that Sony had listed themselves as the main account holder and named the
> machine Sony
> I changed the name in all the possible and normal places through the control
> panel etc.
> I find now that I cannot access some areas of Documents - Photographs etc
> and occasionally when file searching manually I am told "access denied".
> While not earth shatteringly a problem I am concerned that I do not have
> full access to files in my machine.
> How do I check that all traces of Sony are removed from the files?

brian

RE: Account conflict
Thanks Kirk I will try them