User profile error

dugd

User profile error
I got the message " Problem loading user profile". It says it has launched a
temporary profile and I'll loose any changes I make when I shut down thew
next time.Now everything I have set up for programs such as email are gone.
How do I retrieve the user profile.
maxb

RE: User profile error
I have the same exact problem. Please someone help. Dugd, have you found a
solution? Thanks

"maxb" wrote:

> I have the same exact problem. Please someone help. Dugd, have you found a
> solution? Thanks
>
> "dugd" wrote:
>
> > I got the message " Problem loading user profile". It says it has launched a
> > temporary profile and I'll loose any changes I make when I shut down thew
> > next time.Now everything I have set up for programs such as email are gone.
> > How do I retrieve the user profile.

dugd

RE: User profile error
Max,
You are the 1st person to reply to me. I never found an adequate solution. I
wound up just setting up a new user and lost all the info for that original
user. Fortunately that wasn't much as I had just gotten the computer. The
problem has not occurred again.

"maxb" wrote:

> I have the same exact problem. Please someone help. Dugd, have you found a
> solution? Thanks
>
> "dugd" wrote:
>
> > I got the message " Problem loading user profile". It says it has launched a
> > temporary profile and I'll loose any changes I make when I shut down thew
> > next time.Now everything I have set up for programs such as email are gone.
> > How do I retrieve the user profile.

maxb

RE: User profile error
Thanks for replying, thats what I intend to do as well. Actually, if you
didnt know, you can still retrieve all your files from the old profile by
going to: start - computer - hard drive - users -old account - etc.. But
still, this is a major glitch in windows, which for some reason hasnt gotten
much attention.

"dugd" wrote:

> Max,
> You are the 1st person to reply to me. I never found an adequate solution. I
> wound up just setting up a new user and lost all the info for that original
> user. Fortunately that wasn't much as I had just gotten the computer. The
> problem has not occurred again.
>
> "maxb" wrote:
>
> > I have the same exact problem. Please someone help. Dugd, have you found a
> > solution? Thanks
> >
> > "dugd" wrote:
> >
> > > I got the message " Problem loading user profile". It says it has launched a
> > > temporary profile and I'll loose any changes I make when I shut down thew
> > > next time.Now everything I have set up for programs such as email are gone.
> > > How do I retrieve the user profile.

Melanie72 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wish that would work for me!
I've had the same issue for the past few weeks. I've done some searching & it seems this problem occurs often so there HAS to be some way of fixing i w/out starting a new profile. I have over 400 songs on itunes & MANY pics I'd like to retrieve. I have a 4mo old Dell PC & I cannot logon to my administrator profile. I really wish I'd gone w/XP. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Roland

RE: User profile error
hi

I have the same trouble.
We join a vista pro to a new 2003 domain.
When we copy the profile from the old local profile to the new domain
profile the first time the copy crashe !!! (:
Then we reboot and we are unable to logon normally with the old local
profile or the new domain profile.
When we explore c:\users\oldlocalprofile the folder is empty with 0 bytes (:
!!!
The new one is the same.
Vista always want to logon with a temporary profile.
We lost the old profile with much data.

Any help much apprecied please...

--
R.

"maxb" wrote:

> Thanks for replying, thats what I intend to do as well. Actually, if you
> didnt know, you can still retrieve all your files from the old profile by
> going to: start - computer - hard drive - users -old account - etc.. But
> still, this is a major glitch in windows, which for some reason hasnt gotten
> much attention.
>
> "dugd" wrote:
>
> > Max,
> > You are the 1st person to reply to me. I never found an adequate solution. I
> > wound up just setting up a new user and lost all the info for that original
> > user. Fortunately that wasn't much as I had just gotten the computer. The
> > problem has not occurred again.
> >
> > "maxb" wrote:
> >
> > > I have the same exact problem. Please someone help. Dugd, have you found a
> > > solution? Thanks

martiney

RE: User profile error
Hi all I have just had this happen to me and trying to find the solution is
being tipcally difficult anyone had an answer yet

"dugd" wrote:

> I got the message " Problem loading user profile". It says it has launched a
> temporary profile and I'll loose any changes I make when I shut down thew
> next time.Now everything I have set up for programs such as email are gone.
> How do I retrieve the user profile.

brink

Re: User profile error

maxb;526776 Wrote:
> Thanks for replying, thats what I intend to do as well. Actually, if you
> didnt know, you can still retrieve all your files from the old profile
> by
> going to: start - computer - hard drive - users -old account - etc..
> But
> still, this is a major glitch in windows, which for some reason hasnt
> gotten
> much attention.
>
> "dugd" wrote:

Hi everyone,

Try the solution here for this problem. Only you will see "BAK"
instead of "BAD" in the instructions given.

'Nigels blog - of things tech: Fixing User Profiles in Vista'
(http://cherrybyte.blogspot.com/2007/...-in-vista.html)

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
-frank-

RE: User profile error
I have the same problem too:
"dugd" wrote:

> I got the message " Problem loading user profile". It says it has launched a
> temporary profile and I'll loose any changes I make when I shut down thew
> next time.Now everything I have set up for programs such as email are gone.
> How do I retrieve the user profile.

That´s strange because i lost all my files and I tried to restore the files
using "Restore System" but appears an error with the message:
"Restore System not launch corrrectly, the system files not be changed" or
anything like that and I don´t know what i will to do ,please I need your help