Can't install certain programs even after disabling Windows Instal

davidoncoast

Can't install certain programs even after disabling Windows Instal
I am trying to install Netflicks Movie Veiwer and got the "The system
administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" message. I read
thru all the post and followed instructions on how to disable Windows
Installer and it's still a no go. Here is the kicker. My wife installed it
with no problem on her machine! I use Vista Ultimate, she has Vista Premium.
Any suggestions?
P.S. Is this one of the issues Microsoft will fix in the comming SP1?
Meinolf Weber

Re: Can't install certain programs even after disabling Windows Instal
Hello davidoncoast,

I f you disable the installer you can't install software that ends with .msi.
So enable the service and maybe you have to use the RUN AS function to install
it.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> I am trying to install Netflicks Movie Veiwer and got the "The system
> administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" message.
> I read
> thru all the post and followed instructions on how to disable Windows
> Installer and it's still a no go. Here is the kicker. My wife
> installed it
> with no problem on her machine! I use Vista Ultimate, she has Vista
> Premium.
> Any suggestions?
> P.S. Is this one of the issues Microsoft will fix in the comming SP1?

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Can't install certain programs even after disabling Windows Instal
Hello,

what if you try starting the setup by right-clicking the program and
selecting "Run as administrator"?
For the second, I don't think that this should be of concern for a fix.

Hope this will help you.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"davidoncoast" <davidoncoast@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:90606401-F120-46B8-9FD9-9B5F7FB41642@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to install Netflicks Movie Veiwer and got the "The system
> administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" message. I
> read
> thru all the post and followed instructions on how to disable Windows
> Installer and it's still a no go. Here is the kicker. My wife installed it
> with no problem on her machine! I use Vista Ultimate, she has Vista
> Premium.
> Any suggestions?
> P.S. Is this one of the issues Microsoft will fix in the comming SP1?

davidoncoast

Re: Can't install certain programs even after disabling Windows In
The install file does not have a RUN AS function and I tried all the
different settings in the Group Policy Object Editor for the Windows
Installer setting. No luck. Help!