administrator permission

Dondw

administrator permission
I am the administrator for my computer and when I tried to download an
update for the program I get the message, You don't have permission to save
in this location. Contact administrato to obtain permission. I reboot and try
to run again and get the message, Program files\qimage\(Q) last start.jst
could not be saved. Write access denied. Any suggestions? New computer and
Vista Premium is operating system
P. Di Stolfo

Re: administrator permission
Hello,

try the following: Right-click the application and choose "Run as
administrator". Try downloading again.
If that doesn't help, go to your Program files folder and right-click the
Program's folder -> Properties -> tab "Security" and give yourself all
permissions and remove any entries that could prevent you from writing into
that folder.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"Dondw" <Dondw@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I am the administrator for my computer and when I tried to download an
> update for the program I get the message, You don't have permission to
> save
> in this location. Contact administrato to obtain permission. I reboot and
> try
> to run again and get the message, Program files\qimage\(Q) last start.jst
> could not be saved. Write access denied. Any suggestions? New computer
> and
> Vista Premium is operating system

Dondw

Re: administrator permission

I tried what you said but it does not allow me to make a selection. I looked
under all the entries, user, owner etc and none of the allow entries are
selectable. I think you are on track for it though as when checking all the
areas none have write selected. Hope you have another suggestion, thanks
"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> try the following: Right-click the application and choose "Run as
> administrator". Try downloading again.
> If that doesn't help, go to your Program files folder and right-click the
> Program's folder -> Properties -> tab "Security" and give yourself all
> permissions and remove any entries that could prevent you from writing into
> that folder.
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "Dondw" <Dondw@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I am the administrator for my computer and when I tried to download an
> > update for the program I get the message, You don't have permission to
> > save
> > in this location. Contact administrato to obtain permission. I reboot and
> > try
> > to run again and get the message, Program files\qimage\(Q) last start.jst
> > could not be saved. Write access denied. Any suggestions? New computer
> > and
> > Vista Premium is operating system

P. Di Stolfo

Re: administrator permission
Hello,

so you did click "Edit", too?
See here: http://www.lysorp.com/blog/?page_id=10
I hope this will help a little. If not, please report back.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////

> I tried what you said but it does not allow me to make a selection. I
> looked
> under all the entries, user, owner etc and none of the allow entries are
> selectable. I think you are on track for it though as when checking all
> the
> areas none have write selected. Hope you have another suggestion, thanks
> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> try the following: Right-click the application and choose "Run as
>> administrator". Try downloading again.
>> If that doesn't help, go to your Program files folder and right-click the
>> Program's folder -> Properties -> tab "Security" and give yourself all
>> permissions and remove any entries that could prevent you from writing
>> into
>> that folder.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> ////////////////////////////
>> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
>> ///////////////////////////
>>
>> "Dondw" <Dondw@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >I am the administrator for my computer and when I tried to download an
>> > update for the program I get the message, You don't have permission to
>> > save
>> > in this location. Contact administrato to obtain permission. I reboot
>> > and
>> > try
>> > to run again and get the message, Program files\qimage\(Q) last
>> > start.jst
>> > could not be saved. Write access denied. Any suggestions? New computer
>> > and
>> > Vista Premium is operating system

Dondw

Re: administrator permission

Thanks. I ran material from last suggesti0on and was able to use the add
feature and things are working fine now.
Don

Great that it's working now.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo