Internet setting for Guest?

Rebel

Internet setting for Guest?
I would like to know if I am able to change the setting for a guest where
they are unable to log on to the internet but still have the other user on
the system be able to still log on to the internet? I am sure that is is
really simple but I cannot find the setting for this.

Thank you.
Jeffrey Randow

Re: Internet setting for Guest?
Just thinking out loud here, but you can setup a new limited user
account and use the parental controls to limit Internet Access....

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 18:12:00 -0700, Rebel
<Rebel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to know if I am able to change the setting for a guest where
>they are unable to log on to the internet but still have the other user on
>the system be able to still log on to the internet? I am sure that is is
>really simple but I cannot find the setting for this.
>
>Thank you.

brink

Rebel;494916 Wrote:
> I would like to know if I am able to change the setting for a guest
> where
> they are unable to log on to the internet but still have the other user
> on
> the system be able to still log on to the internet? I am sure that is
> is
> really simple but I cannot find the setting for this.
>
> Thank you.

Hi Rebel,

This tutorial will show you how to do what you want. You will need to
have Standard account for the user you wish to control or limit. This
will be controlled by Parental Controls.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95...setup-use.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Rebel

Re: Internet setting for Guest?
Thank you for the help .

"brink" wrote:

> Rebel;494916 Wrote:
> > I would like to know if I am able to change the setting for a guest
> > where
> > they are unable to log on to the internet but still have the other user
> > on
> > the system be able to still log on to the internet? I am sure that is
> > is
> > really simple but I cannot find the setting for this.
> >
> > Thank you.

> Hi Rebel,
>
> This tutorial will show you how to do what you want. You will need to
> have Standard account for the user you wish to control or limit. This
> will be controlled by Parental Controls.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95...setup-use.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")

Rebel

Re: Internet setting for Guest?
The link seems to be not working You wouldn't happen to have a good one?

Once again thank you for all your help

"brink" wrote:

> Rebel;494916 Wrote:
> > I would like to know if I am able to change the setting for a guest
> > where
> > they are unable to log on to the internet but still have the other user
> > on
> > the system be able to still log on to the internet? I am sure that is
> > is
> > really simple but I cannot find the setting for this.
> >
> > Thank you.

> Hi Rebel,
>
> This tutorial will show you how to do what you want. You will need to
> have Standard account for the user you wish to control or limit. This
> will be controlled by Parental Controls.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95...setup-use.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Internet setting for Guest?
Start Menu -> Help and Support -> Search for Parental Control...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:55:00 -0700, Rebel

Rebel;496832 Wrote:
> The link seems to be not working You wouldn't happen to have a good one?
>
> Once again thank you for all your help
>
> "brink" wrote:
> Hi Rebel,
> >
> > This tutorial will show you how to do what you want. You will need to
> > have Standard account for the user you wish to control or limit. This
> > will be controlled by Parental Controls.
> >
> > 'Parental Controls - Setup and Use'

> (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95...setup-use.html)
> >
> > Shawn

Rebel,

It is working fine for me. I will post it again for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95...setup-use.html

Just in case, just Copy and Paste this in the IE7 address bar in a new
tab and add the www. back to the front of it:

vistax64.com/tutorials/95139-parental-controls-setup-use.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Rebel

Re: Internet setting for Guest?
Brink,
Thank you very much. I was using Firefox not IE, opened IE an worked great.
Again Thank you ...........