Can I add to the list of programs allowed under UAC in Vista Home

Programs allowed to run under UAC in VHP

Can I add to the list of programs allowed under UAC in Vista Home
I have one program that always needs permission to load. Is there a way to
add this program to a list of allowed programs under Vista Home Premium?
Vista Ultimate seems to have that applet but not Home Pemium. I have tried
XP.
PaulB

RE: Can I add to the list of programs allowed under UAC in Vista Home
I have a couple of programs that I need to run at startup without having to
manually permit them (Speedfan is one). What I have done it to use the task
scheduler to start them on login and I run them with elevated privileges.
--
Paul

"Programs allowed to run under UAC in VHP" wrote:

> I have one program that always needs permission to load. Is there a way to
> add this program to a list of allowed programs under Vista Home Premium?
> Vista Ultimate seems to have that applet but not Home Pemium. I have tried
> XP.

Gordon

RE: Can I add to the list of programs allowed under UAC in Vista H
Thanks Paul
I tried this process a couple of days ago and the program launched twice,
but now that I think about it perhaps I should have uninstalled the original
startup version and re-installed the thing using the Task Schedular. I will
try that later and see what happens.
Gordon

"PaulB" wrote:

> I have a couple of programs that I need to run at startup without having to
> manually permit them (Speedfan is one). What I have done it to use the task
> scheduler to start them on login and I run them with elevated privileges.
> --
> Paul
>

> "Programs allowed to run under UAC in VHP" wrote:
>
> > I have one program that always needs permission to load. Is there a way to
> > add this program to a list of allowed programs under Vista Home Premium?
> > Vista Ultimate seems to have that applet but not Home Pemium. I have tried
> > XP.

Gordon

RE: Can I add to the list of programs allowed under UAC in Vista H
Ok, it turns out that when I tried this before I did not tell the program
(Startup cop) to not launch on startup and I set the task Schedular to start
on log on instead of start at startup. The thing works now except I am not
getting the icon in the task bar. I will figure that out later.
Thanks again Paul.