installation of HP 1610 PSC

Gene Patrick Johnson

installation of HP 1610 PSC
I am the sole user and hence, system administrator for my HP a1630n, running
VISTA Home Premium. When I attempt to install my HP printer, I get the
following:
X system does not meet min. req'ts to install this software.

Requirements Software cannot be installed using "run
as..." cmd.

x Run as
Since I am the system administrator and have installed many pieces of
software, I do not understand, unless it is purely HP's problem. Can anyone
help???

--
Pat Johnson
Bruce Chambers

Re: installation of HP 1610 PSC
Gene Patrick Johnson wrote:
> I am the sole user and hence, system administrator for my HP a1630n, running
> VISTA Home Premium. When I attempt to install my HP printer, I get the
> following:
> X system does not meet min. req'ts to install this software.
>
> Requirements Software cannot be installed using "run
> as..." cmd.
>
> x Run as
> Since I am the system administrator and have installed many pieces of
> software, I do not understand, unless it is purely HP's problem. Can anyone
> help???

Are you using the printer software and drivers (if any) that HP has
specifically designed for use on Windows Vista? Drivers for any older
operating systems will not work.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Gene Patrick Johnson

Re: installation of HP 1610 PSC

--
Pat Johnson
Thanks, Bruce...I believe that my CD is for Windows XP and therefore is
inappropriate. I hoped it would work, but alas...!!
I like the sayings at the end of your response -- very much to the point.
Again, thanks -- I will attempt to get the proper CD from HP.

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> Gene Patrick Johnson wrote:
> > I am the sole user and hence, system administrator for my HP a1630n, running
> > VISTA Home Premium. When I attempt to install my HP printer, I get the
> > following:
> > X system does not meet min. req'ts to install this software.
> >
> > Requirements Software cannot be installed using "run
> > as..." cmd.
> >
> > x Run as
> > Since I am the system administrator and have installed many pieces of
> > software, I do not understand, unless it is purely HP's problem. Can anyone
> > help???
> >

> Are you using the printer software and drivers (if any) that HP has
> specifically designed for use on Windows Vista? Drivers for any older
> operating systems will not work.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand Russell

> killed a great many philosophers.
> ~ Denis Diderot

Microsoft MVP Member

Jacee will become famous soon enoughJacee will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Patrick Johnson View Post
I am the sole user and hence, system administrator for my HP a1630n, running
VISTA Home Premium. When I attempt to install my HP printer, I get the
following:
X system does not meet min. req'ts to install this software.

Requirements Software cannot be installed using "run
as..." cmd.

x Run as
Since I am the system administrator and have installed many pieces of
software, I do not understand, unless it is purely HP's problem. Can anyone
help???

--
Pat Johnson
I have an HP PSC 1610. I didn't use the software to install my printer on my laptop (Vista Business) or my desktop (Vista Ultimate). New hardware was found as soon as I plugged it in.

Uninstall the printer's software. Make sure the computer is turned on, then plug the cord into the back of the printer (it should already be hooked up to the back of your computer). Go to control panel, click on 'printers' and make sure there is a green check mark next to HP PSC 1610 saying "ready"
MS-MVP Windows-Security 2006 ~ 2009