cant switch user accounts

johnalesie

cant switch user accounts
hey guys i hve 2 account on my pc one for my wife and mine....for some reason
when she tries to log into her side all she gets is a black screen and
nothing will load...and when i do it on my side i have no problems....i tried
restarting pc and still she cant get into her side ....please help
P. Di Stolfo

Re: cant switch user accounts
Hello,

are they both administrative accounts? Try changing the account status of
your wife's account and see if anything will change.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"johnalesie" <johnalesie@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> hey guys i hve 2 account on my pc one for my wife and mine....for some
> reason
> when she tries to log into her side all she gets is a black screen and
> nothing will load...and when i do it on my side i have no problems....i
> tried
> restarting pc and still she cant get into her side ....please help

johnalesie

Re: cant switch user accounts
thank for the sugestion but i have already tried that and no luck, ive gone
as fas as making my account standard and her the admin but still can only get
into my account and not hers.

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> are they both administrative accounts? Try changing the account status of
> your wife's account and see if anything will change.
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "johnalesie" <johnalesie@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > hey guys i hve 2 account on my pc one for my wife and mine....for some
> > reason
> > when she tries to log into her side all she gets is a black screen and
> > nothing will load...and when i do it on my side i have no problems....i
> > tried
> > restarting pc and still she cant get into her side ....please help

johnalesie

Re: cant switch user accounts
thank you for the suggestion but i have already tried that and no luck, ive
gone as far as making my account standard and her the admin to see but still
the same can log into my side but not her side.

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> are they both administrative accounts? Try changing the account status of
> your wife's account and see if anything will change.
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "johnalesie" <johnalesie@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > hey guys i hve 2 account on my pc one for my wife and mine....for some
> > reason
> > when she tries to log into her side all she gets is a black screen and
> > nothing will load...and when i do it on my side i have no problems....i
> > tried
> > restarting pc and still she cant get into her side ....please help

brink

johnalesie;494406 Wrote:
> hey guys i hve 2 account on my pc one for my wife and mine....for some
> reason
> when she tries to log into her side all she gets is a black screen and
> nothing will load...and when i do it on my side i have no problems....i
> tried
> restarting pc and still she cant get into her side ....please help

Hi Johnalesie,

You might try creating your wife a new account from within your
Administrator account and delete her's after you transfer her personal
user file's contents to the new account. See:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93...nt-delete.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Kirk C.

RE: cant switch user accounts
Hi,

You can try possibly restarting your computer in safe mode, and creating a
new user account from there. Before windows boots, hit F8 and select "Safe
Mode" from the boot menu. Log in as an administrator, and create a new user
account. I hope this helps, and good luck.