Duplicated user accounts on the desktop

rogerherm

Duplicated user accounts on the desktop
Hello, I have two user accounts on the lap top. Both are administration
accounts (MarciH and Roger). When I turn on the system duplicated user
accounts show up ... e.g. two MarciH and two Roger account folders. All four
are active ... I can start from either one of the four. The start up of the
system is somewhat slower since this problem occured.
--
thanks, roger
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Duplicated user accounts on the desktop
Hello,

so on the logon screen, you have duplicate logon account names showing up?
Or do you mean something else?
I've never seen this before. Does the problem still persist?
In the \Users folder, there are still only two user folders?

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"rogerherm" <rogerherm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello, I have two user accounts on the lap top. Both are administration
> accounts (MarciH and Roger). When I turn on the system duplicated user
> accounts show up ... e.g. two MarciH and two Roger account folders. All
> four
> are active ... I can start from either one of the four. The start up of
> the
> system is somewhat slower since this problem occured.
> --
> thanks, roger

Jane C

Re: Duplicated user accounts on the desktop
Hi Roger,

Do you have a fingerprint reader on the laptop? Omnipass software for it?
This has probably occured after an update from Windows Update. Uninstall
the Omnipass software, then reinstall it.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"rogerherm" <rogerherm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I have two user accounts on the lap top. Both are administration
> accounts (MarciH and Roger). When I turn on the system duplicated user
> accounts show up ... e.g. two MarciH and two Roger account folders. All
> four
> are active ... I can start from either one of the four. The start up of
> the
> system is somewhat slower since this problem occured.
> --
> thanks, roger

rogerherm

Re: Duplicated user accounts on the desktop
Jane C, I do have a fingerprint reader and will follow your recommendation
when I next use the laptop.
--
thanks, roger

"Jane C" wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> Do you have a fingerprint reader on the laptop? Omnipass software for it?
> This has probably occured after an update from Windows Update. Uninstall
> the Omnipass software, then reinstall it.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "rogerherm" <rogerherm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I have two user accounts on the lap top. Both are administration
> > accounts (MarciH and Roger). When I turn on the system duplicated user
> > accounts show up ... e.g. two MarciH and two Roger account folders. All
> > four
> > are active ... I can start from either one of the four. The start up of
> > the
> > system is somewhat slower since this problem occured.
> > --
> > thanks, roger

rogerherm

Re: Duplicated user accounts on the desktop
P. Di Stolfo, "Jane C" idi suggest a solution. Please refer to it . Thx for
answering my note, though.
--
thanks, roger