Only the administators group can launch this program

ATL Admin

Only the administators group can launch this program
Our companies software will only launch if the user is in an administrators
group. I have tried launching our program under power user and standard user
with no luck. The UAC is turned off, when I try to launch the program It
generates the following error, Please help if you can

Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: start.exe
Problem Signature 02: 410.3.30.0
Problem Signature 03: 468e3a6b
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4536f11f
Problem Signature 07: 3318
Problem Signature 08: 15a
Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Only the administators group can launch this program
Hello,

it seems that the program needs administrative rights. Perhaps the program
will have to be altered for Vista.
You can try if it's really a permission issue by right-clicking the program
and selecting "Run as administrator".

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"ATL Admin" <ATLAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Our companies software will only launch if the user is in an
> administrators
> group. I have tried launching our program under power user and standard
> user
> with no luck. The UAC is turned off, when I try to launch the program It
> generates the following error, Please help if you can

> Stopped working
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
> Problem Signature 01: start.exe
> Problem Signature 02: 410.3.30.0
> Problem Signature 03: 468e3a6b
> Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
> Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
> Problem Signature 06: 4536f11f
> Problem Signature 07: 3318
> Problem Signature 08: 15a
> Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

ATL Admin

Re: Only the administators group can launch this program
Thank you for your help. I have tried to do this and I get the same result. I
have to wonder if this is happening due to the way the program is written and
what it is doing during the launch.