Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

PowerPoint 2007 & UAC

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2007
Jeff
 

Posts: n/a
PowerPoint 2007 & UAC
In the last week I have noticed that when I start PowerPoint 2007 I am ALWAYS
prompted with the UAC asking for permission to start it. No other Office 2007
app does this.

Can something be done to stop th1s?

Jeff
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2007
Jeff
 

Posts: n/a
RE: PowerPoint 2007 & UAC
Still having this issue - has anyone found a fix?

Jeff

"Jeff" wrote:

> In the last week I have noticed that when I start PowerPoint 2007 I am ALWAYS
> prompted with the UAC asking for permission to start it. No other Office 2007
> app does this.
>
> Can something be done to stop th1s?
>
> Jeff

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2007
Ronnie Vernon MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PowerPoint 2007 & UAC
Jeff

This is not normal for any Ofiice 2007 program.

The only thing that comes to mind is if have any third party add-ins for
powerpoint installed, this may be the cause?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User


"Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EAC3FF8E-36B6-4ABD-8A9E-928DC1E6CB27@microsoft.com...
> Still having this issue - has anyone found a fix?
>
> Jeff
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> In the last week I have noticed that when I start PowerPoint 2007 I am
>> ALWAYS
>> prompted with the UAC asking for permission to start it. No other Office
>> 2007
>> app does this.
>>
>> Can something be done to stop th1s?
>>
>> Jeff


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2007
Jeff
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PowerPoint 2007 & UAC
Ronnie,

Seems this might be the issue.

I have PPT2Flash installed and I noticed on their forum this issue.

http://www.sameshow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4521

Thaks for pointing me in the right direction.

Jeff

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Jeff
>
> This is not normal for any Ofiice 2007 program.
>
> The only thing that comes to mind is if have any third party add-ins for
> powerpoint installed, this may be the cause?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
>
> "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:EAC3FF8E-36B6-4ABD-8A9E-928DC1E6CB27@microsoft.com...
> > Still having this issue - has anyone found a fix?
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > "Jeff" wrote:
> >
> >> In the last week I have noticed that when I start PowerPoint 2007 I am
> >> ALWAYS
> >> prompted with the UAC asking for permission to start it. No other Office
> >> 2007
> >> app does this.
> >>
> >> Can something be done to stop th1s?
> >>
> >> Jeff

>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2007
Ronnie Vernon MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PowerPoint 2007 & UAC
Jeff

Your welcome.

That particular add-in needs to be configured, by the developer, to run
without needing admin privileges. I have several add-ins for all of the
office programs and none of them require admin privileges to run.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User


"Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1720D1D5-3221-461B-A9BC-11DBA88BEC59@microsoft.com...
> Ronnie,
>
> Seems this might be the issue.
>
> I have PPT2Flash installed and I noticed on their forum this issue.
>
> http://www.sameshow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4521
>
> Thaks for pointing me in the right direction.
>
> Jeff
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Jeff
>>
>> This is not normal for any Ofiice 2007 program.
>>
>> The only thing that comes to mind is if have any third party add-ins for
>> powerpoint installed, this may be the cause?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>>
>> "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:EAC3FF8E-36B6-4ABD-8A9E-928DC1E6CB27@microsoft.com...
>> > Still having this issue - has anyone found a fix?
>> >
>> > Jeff
>> >
>> > "Jeff" wrote:
>> >
>> >> In the last week I have noticed that when I start PowerPoint 2007 I am
>> >> ALWAYS
>> >> prompted with the UAC asking for permission to start it. No other
>> >> Office
>> >> 2007
>> >> app does this.
>> >>
>> >> Can something be done to stop th1s?
>> >>
>> >> Jeff

>>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2007
Jeff
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PowerPoint 2007 & UAC
Update.

I have uninstalled the PPT2Flash plugin (removed app all together) and now
only have Camtasia plug-in installed and the problem persists.

I may try to remove this addin and see what happens.

Jeff


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PowerPoint 2003 files very slow to open in 2007 on Vista Jerry M. Wright microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 10-05-2008 00:57
PowerPoint Viewer 2007 won't open PPS/PPT files glamart microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 13 08-20-2008 16:13
TechEd Australia 2007 keynote PowerPoint published Steve Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 08-13-2007 16:00
Powerpoint 2007 =?Utf-8?B?cmVkYm95NDA5?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 04-24-2007 09:09




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:08.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120