Vista won't let me save a file to the C: drive

KermitD

Vista won't let me save a file to the C: drive
I have a short file I want to save to the C: drive. I am the Administrator on
this computer. When I try to save the file I am told that I do not have
permission and to see the Administrator. How can I write to the C: drive?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords
Sharon F

Re: Vista won't let me save a file to the C: drive
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:08:03 -0700, KermitD wrote:

> I have a short file I want to save to the C: drive. I am the Administrator on
> this computer. When I try to save the file I am told that I do not have
> permission and to see the Administrator. How can I write to the C: drive?

You don't. Place the file into a folder within C:

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Kerry Brown

"KermitD" <KermitD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a short file I want to save to the C: drive. I am the Administrator
>on
> this computer. When I try to save the file I am told that I do not have
> permission and to see the Administrator. How can I write to the C: drive?

The root of the C: drive is a very bad place to store files. You should
create a folder and store files in the folder. What files do you want to
store in the root? Perhaps there's a better way to accomplish what you are
doing.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

mwell

RE: Vista won't let me save a file to the C: drive
I'm having the same issue... I was able to save to the C: drive but no longer
can. Can someone tell why this is so?

I have admin permissions and should be able to save to C if I wish.