vista docs transfer to xp pro

smedevang

vista docs transfer to xp pro
I need to restore some docs from a vista security disk onto my xp pro
using the xp 'backup and restore wizard'.
The disk is generated on my vista machine, which need to be repaired.
Regards, S****, Denmark
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: vista docs transfer to xp pro
Smedevang

I'm not sure what you mean by "security disk?

If this is a backup that was created using the Vista backup program, you
will not be able to use the XP backup and restore program to retrieve the
files. They are completely different programs.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"smedevang" <smedevang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to restore some docs from a vista security disk onto my xp pro
> using the xp 'backup and restore wizard'.
> The disk is generated on my vista machine, which need to be repaired.
> Regards, S****, Denmark

smedevang

Re: vista docs transfer to xp pro
Ok, a backup disk, but is there a MSdownload for XPpro to help reading
the vista backup disk ?

smedevang

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Smedevang
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "security disk?
>
> If this is a backup that was created using the Vista backup program, you
> will not be able to use the XP backup and restore program to retrieve the
> files. They are completely different programs.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "smedevang" <smedevang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need to restore some docs from a vista security disk onto my xp pro
> > using the xp 'backup and restore wizard'.
> > The disk is generated on my vista machine, which need to be repaired.
> > Regards, S****, Denmark

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: vista docs transfer to xp pro
Smedevang

It depends on which type of backup you are talking about. If you did a
Complete PC Backup, then, no there is nothing you can do with this type of
Vista backup in XP, because it creates an image of the disk where Vista is
installed. If you performed a File Backup, this backup saves the files and
folders in standard .ZIP format and these zip files can be extracted with
any type of program including XP.