BIOS password

wynnr8

BIOS password
I know how to set the password up. But how can I get rid of this feature, so
that window just starts and goes to the user sign on screen?

Meinolf Weber

Re: BIOS password
Hello wynnr8,

Disable the password in the BIOS or set it to blank password.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I know how to set the password up. But how can I get rid of this
> feature, so that window just starts and goes to the user sign on
> screen?

Ph1loSophy

Re: BIOS password
When your computer boots up, there should flash a message that tells you what
key to press to enter the BIOS setup. It might be the F2 or F12 key for
example. Once you press it, WHILE the bios is still loading and BEFORE you
get to any window's looking screens, it will take you to the BIOS setup for
that computer. BE VERY CAREFUL to not make any changes unless you really
know what you are doing. You will usually have to press the escape key to
exit and SAVE after you blank out the option to have a BIOS password.

Next question, if this is a laptop, why would you NOT want a bios level
password? I have one, a windows password, and lojack for laptops on mine
--- but I am in healthcare and security is highly emphasized in my world.