UAC Suggestion

LennyP

UAC Suggestion
If uac could open its window in the same location on the desktop for every
program that needs approval, then I would not have to chase it all over the
screen.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: UAC Suggestion
Lenny

Generally it seems to open at the center of the monitor unless you open an
app that requires elevation from the Start Menu, then it will open at the
lower-left of the screen. You can test this by creating a shortcut on the
desktop to an app that requires UAC and opening it from different areas of
the screen.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"LennyP" <LennyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If uac could open its window in the same location on the desktop for every
> program that needs approval, then I would not have to chase it all over
> the
> screen.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords

LennyP

Re: UAC Suggestion
Sometimes it opens at the upper-left, and sometimes at the lower-left, and in
the center sometimes and not in the same place in the center (off-center).

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Lenny
>
> Generally it seems to open at the center of the monitor unless you open an
> app that requires elevation from the Start Menu, then it will open at the
> lower-left of the screen. You can test this by creating a shortcut on the
> desktop to an app that requires UAC and opening it from different areas of
> the screen.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "LennyP" <LennyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If uac could open its window in the same location on the desktop for every
> > program that needs approval, then I would not have to chase it all over
> > the
> > screen.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: UAC Suggestion
Lenny

Hmmm. I haven't see this behavior before.

Is there any consistent behavior you can identify depending on which part of
the screen where you click on something that pops up the UAC prompt?

What I am seeing, on the Desktop, Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, or
Control Panel, is no matter where I click to open a shortcut, the UAC prompt
opens at the center of the screen. The only time I see the prompt open
anywhere else is when I open a shortcut on the Start Menu?

Are you using a Touchpad on a laptop or a Wireless mouse?

--

> Sometimes it opens at the upper-left, and sometimes at the lower-left, and
> in
> the center sometimes and not in the same place in the center (off-center).
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Lenny
>>
>> Generally it seems to open at the center of the monitor unless you open
>> an
>> app that requires elevation from the Start Menu, then it will open at the
>> lower-left of the screen. You can test this by creating a shortcut on the
>> desktop to an app that requires UAC and opening it from different areas
>> of
>> the screen.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "LennyP" <LennyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If uac could open its window in the same location on the desktop for
>> > every
>> > program that needs approval, then I would not have to chase it all over
>> > the
>> > screen.
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: UAC Suggestion
Lenny

Addendum.

If you are working in anything other than a full screen program, The UAC
prompt opens in the center of that active window.

I can see this by opening a command prompt window, shrinking the command
prompt window and positioning it at the upper left of the screen, typing the
name of an application that requires UAC and pressing Enter opens the UAC
prompt at the center of that active window.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

"LennyP" <LennyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes it opens at the upper-left, and sometimes at the lower-left, and
> in
> the center sometimes and not in the same place in the center (off-center).
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Lenny
>>
>> Generally it seems to open at the center of the monitor unless you open
>> an
>> app that requires elevation from the Start Menu, then it will open at the
>> lower-left of the screen. You can test this by creating a shortcut on the
>> desktop to an app that requires UAC and opening it from different areas
>> of
>> the screen.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "LennyP" <LennyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If uac could open its window in the same location on the desktop for
>> > every
>> > program that needs approval, then I would not have to chase it all over
>> > the
>> > screen.
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords

LennyP

Re: UAC Suggestion
It moves around depending on where you launch from, start menu, task tray, or
quick launch toolbar, or a folder.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Lenny
>
> Addendum.
>
> If you are working in anything other than a full screen program, The UAC
> prompt opens in the center of that active window.
>
> I can see this by opening a command prompt window, shrinking the command
> prompt window and positioning it at the upper left of the screen, typing the
> name of an application that requires UAC and pressing Enter opens the UAC
> prompt at the center of that active window.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "LennyP" <LennyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sometimes it opens at the upper-left, and sometimes at the lower-left, and
> > in
> > the center sometimes and not in the same place in the center (off-center).
> >
> > "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Lenny
> >>
> >> Generally it seems to open at the center of the monitor unless you open
> >> an
> >> app that requires elevation from the Start Menu, then it will open at the
> >> lower-left of the screen. You can test this by creating a shortcut on the
> >> desktop to an app that requires UAC and opening it from different areas
> >> of
> >> the screen.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Ronnie Vernon
> >> Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows Shell/User

LennyP

Re: UAC Suggestion
Touchpad on laptop, but on desktop with wired mouse same thing happens.