Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Cannot log on to my Computer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2007
Denise
 

Posts: n/a
Cannot log on to my Computer
I changed my login password and shut down the computer. I restarted it and
now I can't log on. It is asking for a disk to reset my password. I do not
have a disk.
I am using Windows Vista Home Edition

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2007
P. Di Stolfo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot log on to my Computer
Hello,

try starting up in safe mode (press F8 before Windows starts). There, you
should be able to log on using the account Administrator (usually without
password), and to change your own password.

Hope this will work.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:E581981A-0539-4A59-98A2-349D5E33A074@microsoft.com...
>I changed my login password and shut down the computer. I restarted it and
> now I can't log on. It is asking for a disk to reset my password. I do not
> have a disk.
> I am using Windows Vista Home Edition
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2007
sterlinggirl5562
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot log on to my Computer
I logged off my computer and tried logging on the next day and it is telling
me that the password is incorrect. I can't even get into safe mode. It is
asking for a password reset disk, but my password has to be on the disk
first. I have logged on several times using the same password, but it won't
work now. I can't even send an email to Microsoft as they are asking for my
PID # and can't get it. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
--
sterlingirl


"Denise" wrote:

> I changed my login password and shut down the computer. I restarted it and
> now I can't log on. It is asking for a disk to reset my password. I do not
> have a disk.
> I am using Windows Vista Home Edition
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2007
Jeremy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot log on to my Computer
I've tried to do this but I still get sent to the opening screen that asks
for a password. I have NEVER set a password for Vista and there's now way to
get past this screen.

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> try starting up in safe mode (press F8 before Windows starts). There, you
> should be able to log on using the account Administrator (usually without
> password), and to change your own password.
>
> Hope this will work.
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:E581981A-0539-4A59-98A2-349D5E33A074@microsoft.com...
> >I changed my login password and shut down the computer. I restarted it and
> > now I can't log on. It is asking for a disk to reset my password. I do not
> > have a disk.
> > I am using Windows Vista Home Edition
> >

>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2007
allshookup50
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot log on to my Computer
This exact thing just happened to me. Dell said to use the OS disc and start
all over. I said it took over two months to get this new Vista laptop to work
right and spent hours & hours on the phone with Dell techs to get right.
There's no way I will simply accept this answer to our problem. Did anyone
help you? I know my pswd but it doesn't work. Please help me someone.

"sterlinggirl5562" wrote:

> I logged off my computer and tried logging on the next day and it is telling
> me that the password is incorrect. I can't even get into safe mode. It is
> asking for a password reset disk, but my password has to be on the disk
> first. I have logged on several times using the same password, but it won't
> work now. I can't even send an email to Microsoft as they are asking for my
> PID # and can't get it. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
> --
> sterlingirl
>
>
> "Denise" wrote:
>
> > I changed my login password and shut down the computer. I restarted it and
> > now I can't log on. It is asking for a disk to reset my password. I do not
> > have a disk.
> > I am using Windows Vista Home Edition
> >

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2007
sterlinggirl5562
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot log on to my Computer
I kept on troubleshooting and found out what the problem was. I have a
wireless keyboard and thought I had the numbers lock on but didn't. I entered
my password with the numbers lock off and then saved my password on the flash
drive. Then I went in and took the password protection off. I don't really
need password protection so it is working fine now. I still know that Vista
has a lot of bugs and I thought by waiting for a while they would get them
worked out, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't like their update
page either. It is really hard to tell which updates are applicable to my
version of Vista. I go through the whole process of downloading only to be
told that the update doesn't work with my version of Vista.
--
sterlingirl


"allshookup50" wrote:

> This exact thing just happened to me. Dell said to use the OS disc and start
> all over. I said it took over two months to get this new Vista laptop to work
> right and spent hours & hours on the phone with Dell techs to get right.
> There's no way I will simply accept this answer to our problem. Did anyone
> help you? I know my pswd but it doesn't work. Please help me someone.
>
> "sterlinggirl5562" wrote:
>
> > I logged off my computer and tried logging on the next day and it is telling
> > me that the password is incorrect. I can't even get into safe mode. It is
> > asking for a password reset disk, but my password has to be on the disk
> > first. I have logged on several times using the same password, but it won't
> > work now. I can't even send an email to Microsoft as they are asking for my
> > PID # and can't get it. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
> > --
> > sterlingirl
> >
> >
> > "Denise" wrote:
> >
> > > I changed my login password and shut down the computer. I restarted it and
> > > now I can't log on. It is asking for a disk to reset my password. I do not
> > > have a disk.
> > > I am using Windows Vista Home Edition
> > >

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2007
allshookup50
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot log on to my Computer
FIXED IT!!
Retstart your computer, press F8 while its starting up to boot, a black
screen appears, choose "repair",do what the screen asks, then choose your
language, Administrator login box appears, click on drop down box to select
the user (admin)name you know the password for. My pwrd that I swore by
actually worked here but would not on my user startup screen.
Now choose "system recovery options", choose last known system recstore
point- give it time to start- once it opens, pick a date and time when things
worked best. This way you won't hardly loose anything. Maybe. I'm very
thrilled it worked for me. I hope it does for you.

"allshookup50" wrote:

> This exact thing just happened to me. Dell said to use the OS disc and start
> all over. I said it took over two months to get this new Vista laptop to work
> right and spent hours & hours on the phone with Dell techs to get right.
> There's no way I will simply accept this answer to our problem. Did anyone
> help you? I know my pswd but it doesn't work. Please help me someone.
>
> "sterlinggirl5562" wrote:
>
> > I logged off my computer and tried logging on the next day and it is telling
> > me that the password is incorrect. I can't even get into safe mode. It is
> > asking for a password reset disk, but my password has to be on the disk
> > first. I have logged on several times using the same password, but it won't
> > work now. I can't even send an email to Microsoft as they are asking for my
> > PID # and can't get it. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
> > --
> > sterlingirl
> >
> >
> > "Denise" wrote:
> >
> > > I changed my login password and shut down the computer. I restarted it and
> > > now I can't log on. It is asking for a disk to reset my password. I do not
> > > have a disk.
> > > I am using Windows Vista Home Edition
> > >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to log in after restoring computer to a previous Installati Jimmyjam microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 08-11-2007 21:44
I forgot my password and now I can't log on to my computer Need help-lost password microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 3 07-13-2007 23:35
Can't log into my computer =?Utf-8?B?ZGVia2VtcGU=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 2 05-05-2007 18:15
Is there a log somewhere that will tell me what it is that is waking up my computer from sleep? Lakesidezx microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 03-01-2007 09:03
Eror from log after the freezing of computer =?Utf-8?B?emFraW5qbw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 02-26-2007 17:38




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:24.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120