Parental Controls Question

Disdamn

Parental Controls Question
I have a young daughter who uses a vista ultimate PC.

I've set up parental controls, but I'm most concerned about Instant
Messaging, web cams, and IM chatting with strangers, etc...

I don't want to restrict her use of it, except for the logon hours allowed.
But I do want to use the Instant Message Tracking in the Activity Viewer.
She's using Windows Live Messenger, which I should assume be compatible with
this feature of Vista, yet the Activity Viewer for Instant Messaging is not
showing any tracking of IM's or Webcam usage.

If I log into her account and set the Keep records of conversations in
Messenger, there's nothing preventing her from turning this feature off when
she logs in.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to take advantage of the Instant
Message tracking in the Activity Viewer, without allowing my daughter to
change the settings of her own Messenger profile to prevent this?
BB

RE: Parental Controls Question
I have the same problem

"Disdamn" wrote:

> I have a young daughter who uses a vista ultimate PC.
>
> I've set up parental controls, but I'm most concerned about Instant
> Messaging, web cams, and IM chatting with strangers, etc...
>
> I don't want to restrict her use of it, except for the logon hours allowed.
> But I do want to use the Instant Message Tracking in the Activity Viewer.
> She's using Windows Live Messenger, which I should assume be compatible with
> this feature of Vista, yet the Activity Viewer for Instant Messaging is not
> showing any tracking of IM's or Webcam usage.
>
> If I log into her account and set the Keep records of conversations in
> Messenger, there's nothing preventing her from turning this feature off when
> she logs in.
>
> Can anyone give me some ideas on how to take advantage of the Instant
> Message tracking in the Activity Viewer, without allowing my daughter to
> change the settings of her own Messenger profile to prevent this?

KE

RE: Parental Controls Question
I have the same problem, can anyone advise as to how the parental control can
be enabled to monitor windows live messenger activity.

"Disdamn" wrote:

> I have a young daughter who uses a vista ultimate PC.
>
> I've set up parental controls, but I'm most concerned about Instant
> Messaging, web cams, and IM chatting with strangers, etc...
>
> I don't want to restrict her use of it, except for the logon hours allowed.
> But I do want to use the Instant Message Tracking in the Activity Viewer.
> She's using Windows Live Messenger, which I should assume be compatible with
> this feature of Vista, yet the Activity Viewer for Instant Messaging is not
> showing any tracking of IM's or Webcam usage.
>
> If I log into her account and set the Keep records of conversations in
> Messenger, there's nothing preventing her from turning this feature off when
> she logs in.
>
> Can anyone give me some ideas on how to take advantage of the Instant
> Message tracking in the Activity Viewer, without allowing my daughter to
> change the settings of her own Messenger profile to prevent this?

makes me want a mac

RE: Parental Controls Question
Im trying to create a presentation to for these parental features, and I have
found absolutely nothing about this issue. I think Microsoft royally screwed
up here. I think it is rediculous that they can not even address this issue
in any forum, blog, or even this discussion group.

"KE" wrote:

> I have the same problem, can anyone advise as to how the parental control can
> be enabled to monitor windows live messenger activity.
>
> "Disdamn" wrote:
>
> > I have a young daughter who uses a vista ultimate PC.
> >
> > I've set up parental controls, but I'm most concerned about Instant
> > Messaging, web cams, and IM chatting with strangers, etc...
> >
> > I don't want to restrict her use of it, except for the logon hours allowed.
> > But I do want to use the Instant Message Tracking in the Activity Viewer.
> > She's using Windows Live Messenger, which I should assume be compatible with
> > this feature of Vista, yet the Activity Viewer for Instant Messaging is not
> > showing any tracking of IM's or Webcam usage.
> >
> > If I log into her account and set the Keep records of conversations in
> > Messenger, there's nothing preventing her from turning this feature off when
> > she logs in.
> >
> > Can anyone give me some ideas on how to take advantage of the Instant
> > Message tracking in the Activity Viewer, without allowing my daughter to
> > change the settings of her own Messenger profile to prevent this?

Jenne

RE: Parental Controls Question
I am having the same problem as well. i do not see any responses with
solutions, any one have any ideas?