Internet Explorer

KB

Internet Explorer
Hello,
I have windows vista premium, when I try to use internet explorer as a user
or admin, it asks me for the admin password as it is not a trusted program.
Is there a way I can sort this, so that when I as user or a program needs to
start internet explorer it will do so without requiring an admin password?

Thanks
KB
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Internet Explorer
KB

Right click the shortcut that you use to open Internet Explorer and select
Properties/Shortcut Tab. Click the Advanced Button. If there is a check mark
in the 'Run as administrator' option, remove the check mark. Apply/OK.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"KB" <KB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have windows vista premium, when I try to use internet explorer as a
> user
> or admin, it asks me for the admin password as it is not a trusted
> program.
> Is there a way I can sort this, so that when I as user or a program needs
> start internet explorer it will do so without requiring an admin password?
>
> Thanks
> KB

KB

Re: Internet Explorer
Ronnie thanks for the advice, it worked! Thanks very much for your help.

KB

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> KB
>
> Right click the shortcut that you use to open Internet Explorer and select
> Properties/Shortcut Tab. Click the Advanced Button. If there is a check mark
> in the 'Run as administrator' option, remove the check mark. Apply/OK.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "KB" <KB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I have windows vista premium, when I try to use internet explorer as a
> > user
> > or admin, it asks me for the admin password as it is not a trusted
> > program.
> > Is there a way I can sort this, so that when I as user or a program needs
> > start internet explorer it will do so without requiring an admin password?
> >
> > Thanks
> > KB

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Internet Explorer
KB

Great! Glad this helped and thanks for letting me know.