Windows Mail and Private News

Mel Monroe

Windows Mail and Private News
Hi,
I am a Microsoft dealer with access to the private news group support area
for dealers. I upgraded to Windows Vista 64. Outlook Express no longer
lives and Windows Mail is the new guy on the block. The problem is Windows
Mail will not configure and allow access to Microsoft private news group
area. Can you tell me (off-line by direct email) how to get back on using
Windows Mail instead of the more cumbersome web site access??

Or, can I install Outlook Express on Vista 64??

Thanx,
Mel@acmcomputer.com
Richard G. Harper

Re: Windows Mail and Private News
Sorry, I don't do email replies.

Windows Mail supports all the same accounts, protocols and authentication
types that Outlook Express does. Check your private online resource for
setup instructions as they should work 100% the same in Windows Mail.

"Mel Monroe" <Mel Monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am a Microsoft dealer with access to the private news group support area
> for dealers. I upgraded to Windows Vista 64. Outlook Express no longer
> lives and Windows Mail is the new guy on the block. The problem is
> Windows
> Mail will not configure and allow access to Microsoft private news group
> area. Can you tell me (off-line by direct email) how to get back on using
> Windows Mail instead of the more cumbersome web site access??
>
> Or, can I install Outlook Express on Vista 64??
>
> Thanx,
> Mel@acmcomputer.com

Mel Monroe

Re: Windows Mail and Private News