Administrator Account

Carole Ann

Administrator Account
Hi, I am a complete novice to using vista, computer administration and
setting up accounts. I purchased my laptop earlier in the year and vaguely
remember something about administrator when I turned it on. When I look at
accounts I see there is one called admin and one called Carole. However,
when I try and do things in either of these accounts it says I don't have
permissions. Have I completely messed up the system or can I redeem the
situation? If anyone can help can you make the answer as basic as possible
so that I can follow it and implement what you tell me to do. Any help will
be gratefully received.
--
Carole Ann
compTMan

RE: Administrator Account
Carole, what is it you are trying to do when you receive the message that you
need permission? If you are installing a program you will need to have
administrator level privileges. If you are logged in the "Carole" acct. and
attempt to access a file that is in the Admin. documents area, you will also
get a permission required statement.

Give us a few more details on what you are doing and what happens when you
are doing it.

"Carole Ann" wrote:

> Hi, I am a complete novice to using vista, computer administration and
> setting up accounts. I purchased my laptop earlier in the year and vaguely
> remember something about administrator when I turned it on. When I look at
> accounts I see there is one called admin and one called Carole. However,
> when I try and do things in either of these accounts it says I don't have
> permissions. Have I completely messed up the system or can I redeem the
> situation? If anyone can help can you make the answer as basic as possible
> so that I can follow it and implement what you tell me to do. Any help will
> be gratefully received.
> --
> Carole Ann

Carole Ann

RE: Administrator Account
I don't have to log on as anyone. On my old 2000 I had to enter my username
and password, but now it goes straight to desktop and no name or assword is
asked for. There are some things that I want to chaznge or delete and this
is when it says I don't have rights. Sorry to be so vague.
--
Carole Ann