Vista Genuine

Peter

Vista Genuine
"This copy of Windows is not genuine". After an update about a month ago, I
recieved this message. Validating it on Microsoft's site has not worked
either. Suggestions?
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Vista Genuine
Peter

Go to the following website forum and post your problem there.

Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista) - Speak to us at Microsoft!:
http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...1004&SiteID=25

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

> "This copy of Windows is not genuine". After an update about a month ago,
> recieved this message. Validating it on Microsoft's site has not worked
> either. Suggestions?

John

Re: Vista Genuine
I got this after I upgraded my memory to 4GB. It said in no uncertain terms
that I was pirating their software. After paying hundreds of dollars for
their product, I would have liked to face the person who put that little
piece in the software! I would not have been nice.

At first I had forgotten that this would be an issue with Vista. I thought
I was under a virus attack. It started unhooking all the Vista Ultimate
features I paid for. When I realized what had happened and called a lady in
India who gave me the codes I needed, I then had to go back and set all the
Vista Ultimate features I paid for up again! I would have preferred that
Bill Gates fly out here to Andalusia, Alabama, and redo the damage he
caused.

John

> "This copy of Windows is not genuine". After an update about a month ago,
> recieved this message. Validating it on Microsoft's site has not worked
> either. Suggestions?

David B.

Re: Vista Genuine
You are the one that caused the "damage" by taking un needed measures before
seeking help with your problem, no one to blame but you for the route you
took.

--

----

"John" <John@TheStewartWeb.com> wrote in message
news:IMednesaOKigdXrbnZ2dnUVZ_sejnZ2d@centurytel.n et...
> At first I had forgotten that this would be an issue with Vista. I
> thought I was under a virus attack. It started unhooking all the Vista
> Ultimate features I paid for. When I realized what had happened and
> called a lady in India who gave me the codes I needed, I then had to go
> back and set all the Vista Ultimate features I paid for up again! I would
> have preferred that Bill Gates fly out here to Andalusia, Alabama, and
> redo the damage he caused.
>
> John
>

> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> "This copy of Windows is not genuine". After an update about a month ago,
>> recieved this message. Validating it on Microsoft's site has not worked
>> either. Suggestions?

John

Re: Vista Genuine

"David B." <brooks.dj@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You are the one that caused the "damage" by taking un needed measures
> before seeking help with your problem, no one to blame but you for the
> route you took.

Like what? What unneeded measure did I take. Microsoft unloaded on me
without telling me what I did. Eventually they got to the point where they
said to call, but they still didn't tell me what it was all about. The
features are unhooked before they tell you why and what to do about it. j

By the way, are you the idiot who designed that mess?

John

> --
>
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>

> "John" <John@TheStewartWeb.com> wrote in message
> news:IMednesaOKigdXrbnZ2dnUVZ_sejnZ2d@centurytel.n et...
>> At first I had forgotten that this would be an issue with Vista. I
>> thought I was under a virus attack. It started unhooking all the Vista
>> Ultimate features I paid for. When I realized what had happened and
>> called a lady in India who gave me the codes I needed, I then had to go
>> back and set all the Vista Ultimate features I paid for up again! I
>> would have preferred that Bill Gates fly out here to Andalusia, Alabama,
>> and redo the damage he caused.
>>
>> John
>>

>> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> "This copy of Windows is not genuine". After an update about a month
>>> ago, I
>>> recieved this message. Validating it on Microsoft's site has not worked
>>> either. Suggestions?

David B.

Re: Vista Genuine
"I thought I was under a virus attack. It started unhooking all the Vista
Ultimate features I paid for. When I realized what had happened and called
a lady in India who gave me the codes I needed, I then had to go back and
set all the
Vista Ultimate features I paid for up again!"

Not the route to take for the situation, the only idiot here seems to be
you.

--

----

news:96adnZ5EYI_go3LbnZ2dnUVZ_tyknZ2d@centurytel.n et...