Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Why am I denied access?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2007
garlicbreath
 

Posts: n/a
Why am I denied access?
My computer is only about 6 weeks old. I am the sole user, I, of course am
the administrator. Yet I can't open a lot of the folders. I can open folders
I have created in "Documents". But, say I go to: my computer/local disc
C:/program files & try to open a folder, I get a window, "You do not have
permission to access this file". Could it be, in downloading files from my
old computer, I have conflicting information on administrator? I'm getting
paranoid!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2007
Zoonotics
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Why am I denied access?
For the past 20 years, every time Microcrap upgrades, we, the users are being
denied access to computer files, even though we are the sole user,
administrator, and creator of the files or own the software and hardware.
Frankly, I am tired of Microcrap telling me what I can do with my property. I
hope you get an answer because I need to use what I paid for and own.

"garlicbreath" wrote:

> My computer is only about 6 weeks old. I am the sole user, I, of course am
> the administrator. Yet I can't open a lot of the folders. I can open folders
> I have created in "Documents". But, say I go to: my computer/local disc
> C:/program files & try to open a folder, I get a window, "You do not have
> permission to access this file". Could it be, in downloading files from my
> old computer, I have conflicting information on administrator? I'm getting
> paranoid!

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2007
Bruce Chambers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Why am I denied access?
Zoonotics wrote:
> For the past 20 years, every time Microcrap upgrades, we, the users are being
> denied access to computer files, even though we are the sole user,
> administrator, and creator of the files or own the software and hardware.



That is completely untrue. However, the user does need to learn how to
use the new operating systems features. Is this what you're objecting
to? Having to use actually exercise your brain and learn something?


> Frankly, I am tired of Microcrap telling me what I can do with my property.



You're tired of noting but your own intellectual laziness.

> I
> hope you get an answer because I need to use what I paid for and own.
>


Then crack open the Help Files or - perish the thought! - a book. If
you bought it, why don't you want to learn to use it?


--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2007
VistaBlws
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Why am I denied access?
I hope if you find an answer you can pass it to me. I'm having the same
problem and have been unable to find a solution.

"garlicbreath" wrote:

> My computer is only about 6 weeks old. I am the sole user, I, of course am
> the administrator. Yet I can't open a lot of the folders. I can open folders
> I have created in "Documents". But, say I go to: my computer/local disc
> C:/program files & try to open a folder, I get a window, "You do not have
> permission to access this file". Could it be, in downloading files from my
> old computer, I have conflicting information on administrator? I'm getting
> paranoid!

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2007
garlicbreath
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Why am I denied access?
Where's the answer???

"garlicbreath" wrote:

> My computer is only about 6 weeks old. I am the sole user, I, of course am
> the administrator. Yet I can't open a lot of the folders. I can open folders
> I have created in "Documents". But, say I go to: my computer/local disc
> C:/program files & try to open a folder, I get a window, "You do not have
> permission to access this file". Could it be, in downloading files from my
> old computer, I have conflicting information on administrator? I'm getting
> paranoid!

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2007
f/fgeorge
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Why am I denied access?
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 22:07:00 -0700, garlicbreath
<garlicbreath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Where's the answer???
>
>"garlicbreath" wrote:
>
>> My computer is only about 6 weeks old. I am the sole user, I, of course am
>> the administrator. Yet I can't open a lot of the folders. I can open folders
>> I have created in "Documents". But, say I go to: my computer/local disc
>> C:/program files & try to open a folder, I get a window, "You do not have
>> permission to access this file". Could it be, in downloading files from my
>> old computer, I have conflicting information on administrator? I'm getting
>> paranoid!

Create a new log on account and give it Admin rights. You will not
have full admin rights unless you turn off UAC and that is not
recommended. If you don't want that level of security go back to XP.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2007
VistaBlws
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Why am I denied access?


"f/fgeorge" wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 22:07:00 -0700, garlicbreath
> <garlicbreath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Where's the answer???
> >
> >"garlicbreath" wrote:
> >
> >> My computer is only about 6 weeks old. I am the sole user, I, of course am
> >> the administrator. Yet I can't open a lot of the folders. I can open folders
> >> I have created in "Documents". But, say I go to: my computer/local disc
> >> C:/program files & try to open a folder, I get a window, "You do not have
> >> permission to access this file". Could it be, in downloading files from my
> >> old computer, I have conflicting information on administrator? I'm getting
> >> paranoid!

> Create a new log on account and give it Admin rights. You will not
> have full admin rights unless you turn off UAC and that is not
> recommended. If you don't want that level of security go back to XP.


Hey, fgeorge (nice name) don't get your panties in a bunch. What you are
describing is a way to 'work around' a problem with vista. I installed on a
new/clean hard drive and had no problems with admin rights, access etc. Then
one day that all changed and I don't know why and I can't get it back the way
it was. Sure I can create a new log on account but I shouldn't have to. And I
shouldn't have to pay Microsoft 50-60$ to hang on the phone for hours to try
and find the answer. By the way I wonder if the administrator of this group
knows what your name stands for?
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Can't Access Printer- Access Denied. Ken microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 4 10-14-2007 16:05
Re: Can't Access Printer- Access Denied. =?Utf-8?B?UmljIFN0ZXJsaW5n?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 04-07-2007 05:06
Vista "Access Is Denied" Trying to Access Network Share justin.richert@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 03-26-2007 13:18
Access is denied message when trying to access a remote printer =?Utf-8?B?TWFya0M=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 03-09-2007 02:34
Help with ... \\name\c: is not available. ACCESS DENIED !! =?Utf-8?B?R2Vycnk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 6 03-05-2007 15:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:48.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120