Logon screen has my picture twice

Nicos Antoniou

Logon screen has my picture twice
I have a lenovo 3000 N100 laptop with Vista Home Basic preinstalled. I don't
know what happened, but when the logon screen appears it shows my user icon
twice. There is only one user account.

Furthermore, if I create another user, the icon of that user then also
appears twice, thus having a total of 4 user icons on the logon screen. This
repeats for any additional user....

Any idea on what is going on?

Thanks,
Nicos Antoniou

Geldof_the_Grey

RE: Logon screen has my picture twice
I have the same problem. I began to see duplicate user accounts on the log-on
screen for Vista following a boot problem which caused the system to run a
disk-check. I have Vista Home Premium and also have omnipass software and a
fingerprint scanner which may be related.
The user account controls only display one of each account, but they are
each shown twice on the log-in screen.
Also, if I select Switch-User from the start menu or lock the computer, both
versions of the account are shown on the 'locked' screen and if either are
selected the picture for the account is displayed with the usual Password box
but the button below says "Show other credentials".

Anyone know what's going on?
-Steve

"Nicos Antoniou" wrote:

> I have a lenovo 3000 N100 laptop with Vista Home Basic preinstalled. I don't
> know what happened, but when the logon screen appears it shows my user icon
> twice. There is only one user account.
>
> Furthermore, if I create another user, the icon of that user then also
> appears twice, thus having a total of 4 user icons on the logon screen. This
> repeats for any additional user....
>
> Any idea on what is going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Nicos Antoniou

motarola2

Re: Logon screen has my picture twice

try a system restore.

--
motarola2
Geldof_the_Grey

Re: Logon screen has my picture twice
Since this bug has occured following a system restore, I understandably don't
want to revert. One thing I have also noticed is that the profiles are not
duplicated in safe mode.

"motarola2" wrote:

> try a system restore.
>

> --
> motarola2

motarola2

Re: Logon screen has my picture twice

- dude, use the vista disc to access the winRE, and you can try a
¨Startup repair¨ 'Introducing Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) -
KezNews.com'
(http://keznews.com/1455_Introducing_...nment_(Win RE))
- if not,backup your files and reinstall the OS. thats the best option.

--
motarola2
JohanL

Re: Logon screen has my picture twice
I also have this logonproblem. How many of you guys have the omnipass
fingerprint program? That may very well be the key ...

"motarola2" wrote:

> - dude, use the vista disc to access the winRE, and you can try a
> ¨Startup repair¨ 'Introducing Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) -
> KezNews.com'
> (http://keznews.com/1455_Introducing_...nment_(Win RE))
> - if not,backup your files and reinstall the OS. thats the best option.
>

> --
> motarola2

JohanL

Re: Logon screen has my picture twice
Hi again,

after uninstallning my omnipass program, performing a few re-boots and
installning my Omipass program again everything seems to have solved itself.
Apparently it was some sort of mismanagment of the Omnipass program and a
Vista update.

"JohanL" wrote:

> I also have this logonproblem. How many of you guys have the omnipass
> fingerprint program? That may very well be the key ...
>

> "motarola2" wrote:
>

> > - dude, use the vista disc to access the winRE, and you can try a
> > ¨Startup repair¨ 'Introducing Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) -
> > KezNews.com'
> > (http://keznews.com/1455_Introducing_...nment_(Win RE))
> > - if not,backup your files and reinstall the OS. thats the best option.
> >

> > --
> > motarola2

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Logon screen has my picture twice
Johan

Thank you very much for posting back with what you did to fix the problem.
This will help others in the future.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"JohanL" <JohanL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi again,
>
> after uninstallning my omnipass program, performing a few re-boots and
> installning my Omipass program again everything seems to have solved
> itself.
> Apparently it was some sort of mismanagment of the Omnipass program and a
> Vista update.
>
> "JohanL" wrote:
>
>> I also have this logonproblem. How many of you guys have the omnipass
>> fingerprint program? That may very well be the key ...
>>

>> "motarola2" wrote:
>>

>> > - dude, use the vista disc to access the winRE, and you can try a
>> > ¨Startup repair¨ 'Introducing Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) -
>> > KezNews.com'
>> > (http://keznews.com/1455_Introducing_...nment_(Win RE))
>> > - if not,backup your files and reinstall the OS. thats the best option.
>> >

>> > --
>> > motarola2

Maureen

Re: Logon screen has my picture twice
I am new to this site and I have a new Lenovo computer which has had lots of
problems, including what you just wrote about. My happened after installing
Wondows Home and Student. Refer to my post of 10-1. Considering the other
problems I have had, is this that big of a deal? I am not willing to take
too many risks.

"JohanL" wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> after uninstallning my omnipass program, performing a few re-boots and
> installning my Omipass program again everything seems to have solved itself.
> Apparently it was some sort of mismanagment of the Omnipass program and a
> Vista update.
>
> "JohanL" wrote:
>
> > I also have this logonproblem. How many of you guys have the omnipass
> > fingerprint program? That may very well be the key ...
> >

> > "motarola2" wrote:
> >

> > > - dude, use the vista disc to access the winRE, and you can try a
> > > ¨Startup repair¨ 'Introducing Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) -
> > > KezNews.com'
> > > (http://keznews.com/1455_Introducing_...nment_(Win RE))
> > > - if not,backup your files and reinstall the OS. thats the best option.
> > >

> > > --
> > > motarola2

Marco

Re: Logon screen has my picture twice
Where did you find the Omni software to re-install? Can't find it anywhere...