Double Login after Windows Update W/ Vista Business

babakrezai@gmail.com

Double Login after Windows Update W/ Vista Business
I have this weird thing going on where after a Windows Update I have 2
Icons for the same account on the login screen, I only have the one
account and clicking either one will take me to the same one. If it
helps I have a Fujitsu laptop.

Bob

harley

RE: Double Login after Windows Update W/ Vista Business
Bob,

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution? Please let me know, I
would very much appreciate it.

Tracy

"babakrezai@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have this weird thing going on where after a Windows Update I have 2
> Icons for the same account on the login screen, I only have the one
> account and clicking either one will take me to the same one. If it
> helps I have a Fujitsu laptop.
>
> Bob

dyanno''s mom

RE: Double Login after Windows Update W/ Vista Business
I have the same thing happened to my (Fujitsu) laptop, its after my husband
install the Windows Updats.. I tried to store back to the last restored
point, but it still comes back...

How do I delete the other icons??

dj

"babakrezai@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have this weird thing going on where after a Windows Update I have 2
> Icons for the same account on the login screen, I only have the one
> account and clicking either one will take me to the same one. If it
> helps I have a Fujitsu laptop.
>
> Bob

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Double Login after Windows Update W/ Vista Business
There are several users who have recently reported this problem.

The users all seem to have a couple of things in common.

They are using a system that has a Fingerprint Reader and they are all using
the Omnipass program.

A poster named JohanL solved the problem. Here is his post.

> after uninstalling my omnipass program, performing a few re-boots and
> installing my Omipass program again everything seems to have solved
> itself.
> Apparently it was some sort of mismanagment of the Omnipass program and a
> Vista update.

You might also want to contact the maker of your system to make sure they
are aware of the problem.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"harley" <harley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsC80BD0C-CE36-45BB-9E05-D1A32C47E0B2@microsoft.com...
> Bob,
>
> I have the same problem. Have you found a solution? Please let me know,
> would very much appreciate it.
>
> Tracy
>

> "babakrezai@gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> I have this weird thing going on where after a Windows Update I have 2
>> Icons for the same account on the login screen, I only have the one
>> account and clicking either one will take me to the same one. If it
>> helps I have a Fujitsu laptop.
>>
>> Bob

Ronnie Vernon MVP

"dyanno''s mom" <dyannosmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same thing happened to my (Fujitsu) laptop, its after my husband
> install the Windows Updats.. I tried to store back to the last restored
> point, but it still comes back...
>
> How do I delete the other icons??
>
> dj
>
> "babakrezai@gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> I have this weird thing going on where after a Windows Update I have 2
>> Icons for the same account on the login screen, I only have the one
>> account and clicking either one will take me to the same one. If it
>> helps I have a Fujitsu laptop.
>>
>> Bob

Dean

Re: Double Login after Windows Update W/ Vista Business
Just an FYI. I have three Fujitsu tablets and all three had this same issue.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> There are several users who have recently reported this problem.
>
> The users all seem to have a couple of things in common.
>
> They are using a system that has a Fingerprint Reader and they are all using
> the Omnipass program.
>
> A poster named JohanL solved the problem. Here is his post.
>
> > after uninstalling my omnipass program, performing a few re-boots and
> > installing my Omipass program again everything seems to have solved
> > itself.
> > Apparently it was some sort of mismanagment of the Omnipass program and a
> > Vista update.

> You might also want to contact the maker of your system to make sure they
> are aware of the problem.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "dyanno''s mom" <dyannosmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same thing happened to my (Fujitsu) laptop, its after my husband
> > install the Windows Updats.. I tried to store back to the last restored
> > point, but it still comes back...
> >
> > How do I delete the other icons??
> >
> > dj
> >
> > "babakrezai@gmail.com" wrote:
> >
> >> I have this weird thing going on where after a Windows Update I have 2
> >> Icons for the same account on the login screen, I only have the one
> >> account and clicking either one will take me to the same one. If it
> >> helps I have a Fujitsu laptop.
> >>
> >> Bob

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Double Login after Windows Update W/ Vista Business
Dean

Were you able to resolve the problem? If so, please post the details of the
steps you performed to fix it.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just an FYI. I have three Fujitsu tablets and all three had this same
> issue.
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> There are several users who have recently reported this problem.
>>
>> The users all seem to have a couple of things in common.
>>
>> They are using a system that has a Fingerprint Reader and they are all
>> using
>> the Omnipass program.
>>
>> A poster named JohanL solved the problem. Here is his post.
>>
>> > after uninstalling my omnipass program, performing a few re-boots and
>> > installing my Omipass program again everything seems to have solved
>> > itself.
>> > Apparently it was some sort of mismanagment of the Omnipass program and
>> > Vista update.

>> You might also want to contact the maker of your system to make sure they
>> are aware of the problem.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "dyanno''s mom" <dyannosmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the same thing happened to my (Fujitsu) laptop, its after my
>> >husband
>> > install the Windows Updats.. I tried to store back to the last restored
>> > point, but it still comes back...
>> >
>> > How do I delete the other icons??
>> >
>> > dj

AMIGA 1200

RE: Double Login after Windows Update W/ Vista Business
Sorry but if you have only the restore cd ? how can u reinstall th omnipass ?
Is not possibile to make a fix ?

"babakrezai@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have this weird thing going on where after a Windows Update I have 2
> Icons for the same account on the login screen, I only have the one
> account and clicking either one will take me to the same one. If it
> helps I have a Fujitsu laptop.
>
> Bob

AMIGA 1200

Re: Double Login after Windows Update W/ Vista Business

HI I have same problem,
Reinstall omnipass is impossibile I have Packard bell pc with only recovery
cd !
Why Omnipass don't give information , I contact them 3 times !! all is done
if u not use Omnipass the icons are correct , if u use , the are duble !
Plese make a fix
"Dean" wrote:

> Just an FYI. I have three Fujitsu tablets and all three had this same issue.
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
> > There are several users who have recently reported this problem.
> >
> > The users all seem to have a couple of things in common.
> >
> > They are using a system that has a Fingerprint Reader and they are all using
> > the Omnipass program.
> >
> > A poster named JohanL solved the problem. Here is his post.
> >
> > > after uninstalling my omnipass program, performing a few re-boots and
> > > installing my Omipass program again everything seems to have solved
> > > itself.
> > > Apparently it was some sort of mismanagment of the Omnipass program and a
> > > Vista update.

> > You might also want to contact the maker of your system to make sure they
> > are aware of the problem.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Ronnie Vernon
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User
> >

> > "dyanno''s mom" <dyannosmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have the same thing happened to my (Fujitsu) laptop, its after my husband
> > > install the Windows Updats.. I tried to store back to the last restored
> > > point, but it still comes back...
> > >
> > > How do I delete the other icons??
> > >
> > > dj

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Double Login after Windows Update W/ Vista Business
Amiga

You need to contact the maker of the computer you are using for instructions
on reinstalling the OmniPass software.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP