Password Expiry - Home Basic & Premium

Derek Sinclair

Password Expiry - Home Basic & Premium
I have 3 systems, 1 with Home Premium and 2 with Home Basic

On these systems are set up the following accounts
Premium - My account, admin privileges / wifes account, admin privileges
1st Basic - My account, admin privileges / 3 * kids accounts, user
privileges
2nd Basic - My account, admin privileges / wifes account, admin privileges

On all of these, my account was the one created at startup. After using
these systems for a week or 2, my wife's accounts are suddenly telling her
that her password will expire in X days and that it needs changed. My
account, which is technically older does not, and the kids accounts are not
doing it either.

On the home versions, it is not possible to run the GUI for setting the
Local Policy of passwords to never expire, however I am sure that there is
some Net User syntax that will allow me to set her password to never expire,
but for the life of me I can't remember it or find it under Google.

Any thoughts as to this and to why admin accounts are forced to change
passwords but not user accounts???

Derek
--
Windows 2000 Pro MCP
Windows 2000 Server MCP

Rick Rogers

Re: Password Expiry - Home Basic & Premium
Hi Derek,

From an elevated command prompt, it's:

net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

--