Administrative Password

Barb K

Administrative Password
I tried password recovery - they couldn't decipher my password on free
system. |I have tried every possible password I could think of to no avail.
I really need to download something from the internet that is work related
and I am on a deadline (08/26/07) TODAY!! I think I'm computer illiterate.
Is it possible to re-install Windows Vista from my disk and start all
over???? Please help!!
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Administrative Password
Barb

If it is that critical, yes, you should be able to reinstall and start over.
Be aware that you will lose everything on the hard drive and you will need
to reinstall all of your programs.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Barb K" <BarbK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news098719C-9AD9-424E-A689-1C44341A5A4A@microsoft.com...
>I tried password recovery - they couldn't decipher my password on free
> system. |I have tried every possible password I could think of to no
> avail.
> I really need to download something from the internet that is work related
> and I am on a deadline (08/26/07) TODAY!! I think I'm computer
> illiterate.
> Is it possible to re-install Windows Vista from my disk and start all
> over???? Please help!!

Barb K

Re: Administrative Password
Thank you Ronnie - I am going to re-install. This is my home computer and
I've only had it for 6 months. Most of my programs I have installed will be
easy to replace. Thanks again for your help.
Barb

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Barb
>
> If it is that critical, yes, you should be able to reinstall and start over.
> Be aware that you will lose everything on the hard drive and you will need
> to reinstall all of your programs.
>

> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Barb K" <BarbK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news098719C-9AD9-424E-A689-1C44341A5A4A@microsoft.com...
> >I tried password recovery - they couldn't decipher my password on free
> > system. |I have tried every possible password I could think of to no
> > avail.
> > I really need to download something from the internet that is work related
> > and I am on a deadline (08/26/07) TODAY!! I think I'm computer
> > illiterate.
> > Is it possible to re-install Windows Vista from my disk and start all
> > over???? Please help!!

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Administrative Password
Barb