Browsing History and Parental Controls

Marksb

Browsing History and Parental Controls
With Vista Premium I set restricted user accounts with parental controls and
activity logs. Sometimes when I go to look it shows no browser activity. I
think it may be because they are going in and deleting the browsing history.
Is there a way to eliminate the ability of non administrators to delete the
browsing history?
--
Mark S. B.
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Browsing History and Parental Controls
Mark

The browser history settings aren't involved in the Parental Controls. The
restricted user can set their browser history settings to keep zero days and
delete the history after they use the browser and this will not effect the
activity log. The activity log appears to be updated dynamically as soon as
a website is accessed.

You can see this in action.
1. Log on with the childs account.
2. Open Internet Explorer and visit some websites.
3. Open Control Panel/Parental Controls/View Activity Reports. (You will
need to use your admin password to get there)
4. In the Activity Reports, go to Web Browsing/Websites Visited.

You should see the websites that you just visited.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Marksb" <Marksb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With Vista Premium I set restricted user accounts with parental controls
> and
> activity logs. Sometimes when I go to look it shows no browser activity.
> think it may be because they are going in and deleting the browsing
> history.
> Is there a way to eliminate the ability of non administrators to delete
> the
> browsing history?
> --
> Mark S. B.

BJ

Re: Browsing History and Parental Controls
Ronnie: I don't think the activity log is turn on. At least in my case this
is the problem.