HELP! Don't know administrator password

iammk7

HELP! Don't know administrator password
My son got on as administrator and changed my password and now doesn't know
what it is. I now of course can't approve changes or downloads, etc.

Is there a back way in somehow?

P. Di Stolfo

Re: HELP! Don't know administrator password
Hello,

* if you have another administrative account, try logging on through this.
* do you mean the so-called Administrator or an account with administrative
rights? If he used one of the latter type, then you can try logging on as
Administrator, which has as far as I know, no standard password.
* if the first two fail, then you'll have to ask your son to change your
password back.

I hope this helps. I don't know another solution at the moment.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"iammk7" <iammk7@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> My son got on as administrator and changed my password and now doesn't
> know
> what it is. I now of course can't approve changes or downloads, etc.
>
> Is there a back way in somehow?

P. Di Stolfo

Re: HELP! Don't know administrator password
Sorry, I have to correct my statement. The in-built Administrator account is
normally deactivated under Vista.

So do you and your son have both administrative accounts?

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"iammk7" <iammk7@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> My son got on as administrator and changed my password and now doesn't
> know
> what it is. I now of course can't approve changes or downloads, etc.
>
> Is there a back way in somehow?

iammk7

Re: HELP! Don't know administrator password
The problem is, we don't what he changed the password to. I have the only
administrator account. What I need is a way to change that password without
knowing it. The other user accounts (my childrens') have limited access and
can't make any changes, downloads, etc.

This wouldn't be a problem, but I'm changing internet providers and can't
until I can change or find this password.

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Sorry, I have to correct my statement. The in-built Administrator account is
> normally deactivated under Vista.
>
> So do you and your son have both administrative accounts?
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "iammk7" <iammk7@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > My son got on as administrator and changed my password and now doesn't
> > know
> > what it is. I now of course can't approve changes or downloads, etc.
> >
> > Is there a back way in somehow?

f/fgeorge

Re: HELP! Don't know administrator password
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:32:03 -0700, iammk7
<iammk7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The problem is, we don't what he changed the password to. I have the only
>administrator account. What I need is a way to change that password without
>knowing it. The other user accounts (my childrens') have limited access and
>can't make any changes, downloads, etc.
>
>This wouldn't be a problem, but I'm changing internet providers and can't
>until I can change or find this password.

Do a search on Google for hacks. There are plenty of ways to do it to
XP and 2k. Hiren's BootCD is one of them. It is a way to run Windows
from a stand alone cd that makes you and Admin so you can change all
that stuff. I am not sure it is available for Vista yet though.

>"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I have to correct my statement. The in-built Administrator account is
>> normally deactivated under Vista.
>>
>> So do you and your son have both administrative accounts?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "iammk7" <iammk7@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> > My son got on as administrator and changed my password and now doesn't
>> > know
>> > what it is. I now of course can't approve changes or downloads, etc.
>> >
>> > Is there a back way in somehow?

garfield

Re: HELP! Don't know administrator password
iammk7,

ttried to go to the safe mode just hit the f8 key repeatedly as soon as u
turn on your computer go to safe mode and choose the administrator from that
you can recreate your password again.

"f/fgeorge" wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:32:03 -0700, iammk7
> <iammk7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >The problem is, we don't what he changed the password to. I have the only
> >administrator account. What I need is a way to change that password without
> >knowing it. The other user accounts (my childrens') have limited access and
> >can't make any changes, downloads, etc.
> >
> >This wouldn't be a problem, but I'm changing internet providers and can't
> >until I can change or find this password.
> >

> Do a search on Google for hacks. There are plenty of ways to do it to
> XP and 2k. Hiren's BootCD is one of them. It is a way to run Windows
> from a stand alone cd that makes you and Admin so you can change all
> that stuff. I am not sure it is available for Vista yet though.
>
> >"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry, I have to correct my statement. The in-built Administrator account is
> >> normally deactivated under Vista.
> >>
> >> So do you and your son have both administrative accounts?
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >> P. Di Stolfo
> >> --
> >> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> >> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RSBUTLER94

RE: HELP! Don't know administrator password
The easiest way to do this is to open CMD. to do this Click Start>Run>type
CMD. this will open the command prompt.
Then Type in "net users" without quotes and then enter
Then type "net users owner *" and then the new password. It wont show but
after you type it and then press enter it will say to confirm it. do this.
then after you confirm press enter and Violla! You have a changes password.
__________________________________

"iammk7" wrote:

> My son got on as administrator and changed my password and now doesn't know
> what it is. I now of course can't approve changes or downloads, etc.
>
> Is there a back way in somehow?

Dustpan95

Re: HELP! Don't know administrator password

RSBUTLER94;3148719 Wrote:[color=blue]

--
Dustpan95
Dustpan95's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51557

http://forums.techarena.in

joshbobby120

iammk7;3113236 Wrote:
> The problem is, we don't what he changed the password to. I have the
> only
> administrator account. What I need is a way to change that password
> without
> knowing it. The other user accounts (my childrens') have limited
> access and
> can't make any changes, downloads, etc.
>
> This wouldn't be a problem, but I'm changing internet providers and
> can't
> until I can change or find this password.

Ok heres what you do.
Click on the start menu and click run and type cmd and press ok, or if
you have vista press and hold shift and right click your desktop and
click rune comand prompt.

Then type net user, and press enter

the type net user (account name that you want to change password) then
space and press shift and 8 to make and asterics and press enter.

then type the new password and press enter. P.S. when you type the new
password it will look like nothing is happening and the cursor wont move
but trust me it is typing it.

--
joshbobby120
joshbobby120's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141341.htm