Admin on other workgroup computer

Fredrik

Admin on other workgroup computer

I need to run the Vista hardware assessment on it and the program can't
access it because of my account not being admin there. How do I configure my
user account to be an admin on that computer? It is part of the same
workgroup as this one.
Bruce Chambers

Re: Admin on other workgroup computer
Fredrik wrote:
> I need to run the Vista hardware assessment on it and the program can't
> access it because of my account not being admin there. How do I configure my
> user account to be an admin on that computer? It is part of the same
> workgroup as this one.

Log in to that computer as an administrator, and add your other account
to the computer's local administrators group.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Fredrik

Re: Admin on other workgroup computer
How do I do that? In the "local groups and user accounts" -> "groups" it is
not possible to import a user from another computer. I would rather die than
think, please save me

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> Fredrik wrote:
> > I need to run the Vista hardware assessment on it and the program can't
> > access it because of my account not being admin there. How do I configure my
> > user account to be an admin on that computer? It is part of the same
> > workgroup as this one.

> Log in to that computer as an administrator, and add your other account
> to the computer's local administrators group.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell

Fredrik

Re: Admin on other workgroup computer
Problem solved. I had someone else think for me. Thank god I didn't have to
strain my braincells.

Fredrik wrote:
> How do I do that? In the "local groups and user accounts" -> "groups" it is
> not possible to import a user from another computer. I would rather die than
> think, please save me

You don't "import" users from other computers, you create a new local
user account with the same name and password as that of the account used
on the other machine.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: