REAL ADMIN RIGHTS!!!!

Dante@printplace.com

REAL ADMIN RIGHTS!!!!
I am getting extremely pissed off at this vista crap

I have an account on this computer
I need to have full ADMIN Rights to delete programs install new ones fonts
whatever

as soon as i try to do anything the UAS SAU whatever it is pops up asking me
to enter and admin password. My account is set up as an ADMIN to avoid this,
and what happens nothin, Regardsless of what it has me as in the users panel.
i still dont have real Admin Rights. i have to have our tech guy at work that
set up my laptop come over and type in his password, somehow hes the REAL
admin

all i want to know is step by step how to give me the same RIGHTS he has so
i am able to do whatever i feel like it without being prompted for a password
only that of an admin, and then even after giving me full admin rights, it
still wont take mine?

what gives VISTA?

I NEED AN ANSWER I NEED THIS FIXED NOW!!!!!

how do i make my account the REAL ADMIN?

please email me with the answer
dante@printplace.com

UnswoleLilDude

Re: REAL ADMIN RIGHTS!!!!
Catch your breath man!

O.K., go to the link below and enable the administrator account and use it.
http://www.maximumpcguides.com/logon...administrator/

Remember that enabling and using the administrator account is not
recommended.

--

MAXIMUMpcguides.com
Helping you get the MOST out of your Vista PC.

--

"Dante@printplace.com" <Dante@printplace.com@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:9B7B7E73-F4A6-4BF1-8E15-E8555CA420AD@microsoft.com...
>I am getting extremely pissed off at this vista crap
>

> I have an account on this computer
> I need to have full ADMIN Rights to delete programs install new ones fonts
> whatever
>

> as soon as i try to do anything the UAS SAU whatever it is pops up asking
> me
> to enter and admin password. My account is set up as an ADMIN to avoid
> this,
> and what happens nothin, Regardsless of what it has me as in the users
> panel.
> i still dont have real Admin Rights. i have to have our tech guy at work
> that
> set up my laptop come over and type in his password, somehow hes the REAL
> admin
>

> all i want to know is step by step how to give me the same RIGHTS he has
> so
> i am able to do whatever i feel like it without being prompted for a
> password
> only that of an admin, and then even after giving me full admin rights, it
> still wont take mine?
>
> what gives VISTA?
>
> I NEED AN ANSWER I NEED THIS FIXED NOW!!!!!
>

> how do i make my account the REAL ADMIN?
>

> please email me with the answer
> dante@printplace.com

Dante@printplace.com

RE: REAL ADMIN RIGHTS!!!!
I dont care about the prompt to enter the admin passwork,

IF ONLY MY PASSWORD WORKED!

"Dante@printplace.com" wrote:

> I am getting extremely pissed off at this vista crap
>

> I have an account on this computer
> I need to have full ADMIN Rights to delete programs install new ones fonts
> whatever
>

> as soon as i try to do anything the UAS SAU whatever it is pops up asking me
> to enter and admin password. My account is set up as an ADMIN to avoid this,
> and what happens nothin, Regardsless of what it has me as in the users panel.
> i still dont have real Admin Rights. i have to have our tech guy at work that
> set up my laptop come over and type in his password, somehow hes the REAL
> admin
>

> all i want to know is step by step how to give me the same RIGHTS he has so
> i am able to do whatever i feel like it without being prompted for a password
> only that of an admin, and then even after giving me full admin rights, it
> still wont take mine?
>
> what gives VISTA?
>
> I NEED AN ANSWER I NEED THIS FIXED NOW!!!!!
>

> how do i make my account the REAL ADMIN?
>

> please email me with the answer
> dante@printplace.com

Dante@printplace.com

Re: REAL ADMIN RIGHTS!!!!
That doesnt help me, I've tried that

my account wont let me change that in the command prompt?

what now?

Stoffi

RE: REAL ADMIN RIGHTS!!!!
Use the start-programs-accessories-command prompt. There you can run as
admin, though it seems still limited.

Other than that, I completely agree with you. We're not babies, it's OUR
computer and we want Vista to change this crap in the next update.

"Dante@printplace.com" wrote:

> I dont care about the prompt to enter the admin passwork,
>

> IF ONLY MY PASSWORD WORKED!
>
> "Dante@printplace.com" wrote:
>
> > I am getting extremely pissed off at this vista crap
> >

> > I have an account on this computer
> > I need to have full ADMIN Rights to delete programs install new ones fonts
> > whatever
> >

> > as soon as i try to do anything the UAS SAU whatever it is pops up asking me
> > to enter and admin password. My account is set up as an ADMIN to avoid this,
> > and what happens nothin, Regardsless of what it has me as in the users panel.
> > i still dont have real Admin Rights. i have to have our tech guy at work that
> > set up my laptop come over and type in his password, somehow hes the REAL
> > admin
> >

> > all i want to know is step by step how to give me the same RIGHTS he has so
> > i am able to do whatever i feel like it without being prompted for a password
> > only that of an admin, and then even after giving me full admin rights, it
> > still wont take mine?
> >
> > what gives VISTA?
> >
> > I NEED AN ANSWER I NEED THIS FIXED NOW!!!!!
> >

> > how do i make my account the REAL ADMIN?
> >

> > please email me with the answer
> > dante@printplace.com

debbie

RE: REAL ADMIN RIGHTS!!!!
ok, so has anyone figured this out - I followed the instructions on the vista
site, and after trying to update my registry, there was no file as "they"
indicated (after htkey...).

I agree with all your statements - I sent an email to windows yesterday, but
of course, no response, even though they promise a 24 hour response. In
fact, I tried to enter my PID and using "their" instructions, it said the PID
was not a valid format, of course, I used their format - I DO NOT like Vista
at all.

"Dante@printplace.com" wrote:

> I am getting extremely pissed off at this vista crap
>

> I have an account on this computer
> I need to have full ADMIN Rights to delete programs install new ones fonts
> whatever
>

> as soon as i try to do anything the UAS SAU whatever it is pops up asking me
> to enter and admin password. My account is set up as an ADMIN to avoid this,
> and what happens nothin, Regardsless of what it has me as in the users panel.
> i still dont have real Admin Rights. i have to have our tech guy at work that
> set up my laptop come over and type in his password, somehow hes the REAL
> admin
>

> all i want to know is step by step how to give me the same RIGHTS he has so
> i am able to do whatever i feel like it without being prompted for a password
> only that of an admin, and then even after giving me full admin rights, it
> still wont take mine?
>
> what gives VISTA?
>
> I NEED AN ANSWER I NEED THIS FIXED NOW!!!!!
>

> how do i make my account the REAL ADMIN?
>

> please email me with the answer
> dante@printplace.com

Mike Brannigan

Re: REAL ADMIN RIGHTS!!!!
You have 2 options
- turn off UAC so if your account is a member of the local administrators
group you will no longer be prompted to confirm any actions.
- enable the Administrator account that is disabled by default on Windows
Vista and use this instead
--

Mike Brannigan

"Dante@printplace.com" <Dante@printplace.com@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:9B7B7E73-F4A6-4BF1-8E15-E8555CA420AD@microsoft.com...
>I am getting extremely pissed off at this vista crap
>

> I have an account on this computer
> I need to have full ADMIN Rights to delete programs install new ones fonts
> whatever
>

> as soon as i try to do anything the UAS SAU whatever it is pops up asking
> me
> to enter and admin password. My account is set up as an ADMIN to avoid
> this,
> and what happens nothin, Regardsless of what it has me as in the users
> panel.
> i still dont have real Admin Rights. i have to have our tech guy at work
> that
> set up my laptop come over and type in his password, somehow hes the REAL
> admin
>

> all i want to know is step by step how to give me the same RIGHTS he has
> so
> i am able to do whatever i feel like it without being prompted for a
> password
> only that of an admin, and then even after giving me full admin rights, it
> still wont take mine?
>
> what gives VISTA?
>
> I NEED AN ANSWER I NEED THIS FIXED NOW!!!!!
>

> how do i make my account the REAL ADMIN?
>

> please email me with the answer
> dante@printplace.com

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: REAL ADMIN RIGHTS!!!!
Dante

> Regardsless of what it has me as in the users panel.
> i still dont have real Admin Rights. i have to have our tech guy at work
> that
> set up my laptop come over and type in his password, somehow hes the REAL
> admin

This sounds like your IT guy has set policies, with the Group Policy Editor,
on that computer that restricts your administrator account?

On a normal, default setup, someone with an administrator account should
'never' be prompted for a password, except when they first log onto the
computer. You should never be prompted for a password after that. The only
thing you ever need to do is click the Continue button when a program or
action asks for admin privileges.

You should be complaining to this IT guy that set up the computer.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP